DJs, Musicians and Visual dudes (1 Viewer)

frambosenshmak said:
i cant wait for wednesday...... its going to be so embarrasing:eek:. i knew i should have taken code ninja up on his offer to stand guard over the vee jay jaying. he'd keep all the fools in line.

i'm gonna fuck you up.

frambosenshmak said:
i cant wait for wednesday...... its going to be so embarrasing:eek:. i knew i should have taken code ninja up on his offer to stand guard over the vee jay jaying. he'd keep all the fools in line.

i'm on it chief. any tom-foolery or horse-play and i'll be breaking typing fingers. ANd vomiting, plenty of vomiting.

Bag'o'cans said:
Visual education is non existant in the education curriculum of this country

I'm sure you have reasons for saying that, but to the best of my knowlede art is a mandatory part of the Irish primary and secondary school curriculum. It's not as big a part in the primary curriculum as reading and writing, granted, but children have lessons in art in primary school before they do in geography, history or science.

Zeelander said:
I'm sure you have reasons for saying that, but to the best of my knowlede art is a mandatory part of the Irish primary and secondary school curriculum. It's not as big a part in the primary curriculum as reading and writing, granted, but children have lessons in art in primary school before they do in geography, history or science.

its not mandatory in secondary school. And as far as I remember it Art wasnt really treated as a 'subject' in school ie they didnt teach it - it was all about pritt sticking glitter to a page. That and firing bits of clay around the room.

I can't imagine that it's any better anywhere else but education in the arts here seems to pay no regard at all to critical theory. All that post-hippy 'If you like it then it's good' seems to be the order of the day, all in the name of getting more people to stick with it I guess.

The result is that twice the number of people are half as well educated.
Result?

chickenham said:
I can't imagine that it's any better anywhere else but education in the arts here seems to pay no regard at all to critical theory.

some countries put greater resources into design and design education. sweden is a good example. even many of their environmental strategies are design led.

design can't be taught.
Only the sexiest 00.000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 percentile of the world population can ever be any good at it. Like me. I am considered one of the, if not the best designers in the universe today, or for the past 8 millenia.

broken arm said:
what is design?

Design is intention. It's a rhetorical argument on the best solution to a problem.

The day of the chancer is surely almost over and all the bozos will be called to step up and account for themselves, in writing, with proper spelling and grammar. Fucks sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back