DJs, Musicians and Visual dudes (2 Viewers)

my visuals are a distillation of the essesnce of the soul of my "client". Invariably the "client" and I enter a from of sybiosis and more often that not actually swap places during the preformance, winking at each other like twins on a train full of strangers, acknowledging each others farts.

whos Vinyl jockeying tomorrow night?

c0De_n1NjA said:
my visuals are a distillation of the essesnce of the soul of my "client". Invariably the "client" and I enter a from of sybiosis and more often that not actually swap places during the preformance, winking at each other like twins on a train full of strangers, acknowledging each others farts.

Del9 are doin the music and the pitchers

Bag'o'cans said:
..now every joe soap is cutting up bits of "cool" films and making stuff in winamp (it generates itself!) thinking they're artistic genius video artists and all there friends go wow.

if this was bullseye you would have missed out on the bulley and jim davidson would be trying out his working mans club gags as the credits rolled over your distressed mug.

a few possible reasons why there is no quality control for visuals is unlike music:
a) there's no money in it
b) there's no album deal out of it
c) there's no groupies (well not entirely true)

its just some people having a laugh to put their crap out there and get better at it. I've seen some dodgy musicians playing in public but nobody berates that because ye got to start somewhere. Even comedians die on their first outing. I think if you keep track of the visuals out there some people are getting closer to a decent standard. If you see the same person ploughing out the same crap then i suppose you better tell them they just wont cut it as the next chris cunningham.

c0De_n1NjA said:

you should bottle your visuals and sell them to tourists outside carrolls. call it: visual symbiosis "eau de derriere".

del9 will be making a royal mess of things tomorrow night but if as lady zee says we'll be looking after pitchers, mines a pitcher of campari with two celery sticks and a sparkler in a cherry.

frambosenshmak said:
if this was bullseye you would have missed out on the bulley and jim davidson would be trying out his working mans club gags as the credits rolled over your distressed mug.

a few possible reasons why there is no quality control for visuals is unlike music:
a) there's no money in it
b) there's no album deal out of it
c) there's no groupies (well not entirely true)

its just some people having a laugh to put their crap out there and get better at it. I've seen some dodgy musicians playing in public but nobody berates that because ye got to start somewhere. Even comedians die on their first outing. I think if you keep track of the visuals out there some people are getting closer to a decent standard. If you see the same person ploughing out the same crap then i suppose you better tell them they just wont cut it as the next chris cunningham.

good point, i think youve inspired me to bring my laptop for a night out. but honestly who wants to be the next chris cunningham? too easy - just film a cock in black and white and draw a little face on it. bit of twitchy camera work and you're there!

frambosenshmak said:
you should bottle your visuals and sell them to tourists outside carrolls. call it: visual symbiosis "eau de derriere".
way ahead of you. They are selling like lowfat hotcakes in BT2 on grafton street, for EUR1000 a pop. Its called "eau de humanity". Keane from westlife (who only has one testicle. FACT.) bought three.

Nice one wit da upstairs in dunnes n1nja... I'm just instantly bored when I see visuals and some plinkin plonkin pleb playin putrid pants music..... And it's gettin so ya can't have an opinion about anything artistic these days.If someone is shit.. then so be it, they're shit. It's o.k. to tell a friend they suck ass at something. Being captain evenhanded and hoping they'll get better is just humpin' the fence. There's one law for djing ANYWHERE... get the ladies up dancing and everything else will sort itself out. Screw your manky thinkin' music... Fuckin' rock their box. If there's some ass shakin' on the floor then dudes will dance to ANYTHING. ANd as for the whole visual thing.. if you're rockin it proper who has time to be lookin' at a screen????? NNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSS may the gods stroke your shlong (that goes for the ladies shlongs too) ALLAHQUANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeelander said:
It's only till around 12, which makes me quite fond of it already. Just a cool, relaxed something-to-do of a Wednesday evening, which allows for last buses and early start Thursdays.

Hold on. Yous chickened off at like, half past ponce last week! You don't know nuthin.

The finishing time's flexi at the moment. Depends on how many people show up and how long they stay

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back