DJs, Musicians and Visual dudes (2 Viewers)

(he's gone all artistic tormented now)
mmmmmm, i could talk in circles to myself at the moment and contradict myself on every sentence. I've been trying to concoct a rant here, but it was eating its own tail.

Believe me i'm all about the mentalism if thats the scenario, i don't want high end synched visuals when i'm spinning around on loudmouth soup in a shed having my eardrums assaulted by ragga neo-rave jungalist punk gabba.
But when it's beard stroking time, i don't want some hack showing me snippets of their video collection and pretending its cool.

Oh god i don't know what i'm trying to say. I think it's the whole "visuals" culture and everybody having a go, it's just like the person with the skills to make a website calls themselves a webdesigner, photoshop - a graphic designer, CAD - an architect, so many people churning out crap, knowing a program doesn't make you the title.
Irish people have poor visual awareness. fact. Does it lie in that we're more of a literary/musical people?
The look of things is an afterthought for most, a luxury, people accept a low quality artistry and design. This is ingrained in our society and out of this grow people with no talent who think themselves to be talented.

I'm also responsible for churning out crap i'm not proud of it, and its in that turmoil i get frustrated by hacks thinking they're the shit. but i have some beautiful ideas and it frustrates me to unload my crap on the world when it's not (and it usually isn't) worthy of my capabilities. And until the day i realise my potential i shall remain a smug and bitter detractor.

What's he talking about, i honestly don't know.

Bag'o'cans said:
mmmmmm, i could talk in circles to myself at the moment and contradict myself on every sentence. I've been trying to concoct a rant here, but it was eating its own tail.

Believe me i'm all about the mentalism if thats the scenario, i don't want high end synched visuals when i'm spinning around on loudmouth soup in a shed having my eardrums assaulted by ragga neo-rave jungalist punk gabba.
But when it's beard stroking time, i don't want some hack showing me snippets of their video collection and pretending its cool.

Oh god i don't know what i'm trying to say. I think it's the whole "visuals" culture and everybody having a go, it's just like the person with the skills to make a website calls themselves a webdesigner, photoshop - a graphic designer, CAD - an architect, so many people churning out crap, knowing a program doesn't make you the title.
Irish people have poor visual awareness. fact. Does it lie in that we're more of a literary/musical people?
The look of things is an afterthought for most, a luxury, people accept a low quality artistry and design. This is ingrained in our society and out of this grow people with no talent who think themselves to be talented.

I'm also responsible for churning out crap i'm not proud of it, and its in that turmoil i get frustrated by hacks thinking they're the shit. but i have some beautiful ideas and it frustrates me to unload my crap on the world when it's not (and it usually isn't) worthy of my capabilities. And until the day i realise my potential i shall remain a smug and bitter detractor.

What's he talking about, i honestly don't know.

stop trying to be elitist you cunt.

broken arm said:
stop trying to be elitist you cunt.
its hard not to when your better than everyone else. But no, i don't know if that was;) ;) or not but as i've said, i'm all for Osama Van Halen and his dance floor theories, but when the lights are dimmed and the beards are out, there'd better be something damn well worth stroking it for.

Osama Van Halen said:
Nice one wit da upstairs in dunnes n1nja... I'm just instantly bored when I see visuals and some plinkin plonkin pleb playin putrid pants music..... And it's gettin so ya can't have an opinion about anything artistic these days.If someone is shit.. then so be it, they're shit. It's o.k. to tell a friend they suck ass at something. Being captain evenhanded and hoping they'll get better is just humpin' the fence. There's one law for djing ANYWHERE... get the ladies up dancing and everything else will sort itself out. Screw your manky thinkin' music... Fuckin' rock their box. If there's some ass shakin' on the floor then dudes will dance to ANYTHING. ANd as for the whole visual thing.. if you're rockin it proper who has time to be lookin' at a screen????? NNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSS may the gods stroke your shlong (that goes for the ladies shlongs too) ALLAHQUANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!bog off. you are making a mockery of yourself here. tell you what though please do come along and feel free to boo the screen or shout out how crap the stuff is. very punk. I suspect i'll be able to spot your prodigy shuffling bad self at the back of the room trying to ignore the pretty pictures on the screen but... its.... so... hard... unless you were brought up without telly your eye is invariably drawn to the goggle box. that is of course if, like everyone else there, you can peel your peepers away from code ninjas rack and boy does that stop traffic:eek:

"visuals" at a club type thing which is for people to hang out in are just a bit of an elaborate lava lamp anyway, no? or are they created for people to sit down and watch attentively? like the dj who people will hardly sit and listen to even if they like the music beeing played.

i wish bands wouldnt have visuals while they play though, i find them a distraction when im trying to listen to the music but i keep watching the stupid visual thing, even if it is pretty and interesting. i also think its sometimes used as a prop for bands whose music on its own might not hold peoples attention or to maybe suggest what people should think/feel about what theyre hearing (GYBE, tortoise etc). feck off....

i must have shit visual awareness. the only band i can remember doing anything worthwhile was flaming lips. everything else was must have been totally irrelevant.

Bag'o'cans said:
mmmmmm, i could talk in circles to myself at the moment and contradict myself on every sentence. I've been trying to concoct a rant here, but......

why didn't you just say...stop the lights, and spared us your concocktion? shame on you! apologise to the group this instant!

frambosenshmak said:
!bog off. you are making a mockery of yourself here. tell you what though please do come along and feel free to boo the screen or shout out how crap the stuff is. very punk. I suspect i'll be able to spot your prodigy shuffling bad self at the back of the room trying to ignore the pretty pictures on the screen but... its.... so... hard... unless you were brought up without telly your eye is invariably drawn to the goggle box. that is of course if, like everyone else there, you can peel your peepers away from code ninjas rack and boy does that stop traffic:eek:
Did I say I go around Booing things??? note the use of the word "opinion"... and in my opinion there's a lot of weak ass shit out there.. should I lower my standards??? Osama will make a mockery of EVERYTHING then you'll all be down at my level you dogs!!!! and you won't even know it till you're polishing my glistening multi-platinum balls. Everyone goin' around sayin' that everything is cool... HA!! Sure.. give props for effort, but if you suck ass... better keep those nerdy lips moist... ALLAHQUANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Piggy said:
i wish bands wouldnt have visuals while they play though, i find them a distraction when im trying to listen to the music but i keep watching the stupid visual thing, even if it is pretty and interesting. i also think its sometimes used as a prop for bands whose music on its own might not hold peoples attention or to maybe suggest what people should think/feel about what theyre hearing (GYBE, tortoise etc). feck off....

ha - were you there for those poxy cunts that played behind a projected film in the hugh lane the other week? cunts!

frambosenshmak said:

i'm blushing:heart:

Osama Van Halen said:
Did I say I go around Booing things??? note the use of the word "opinion"... and in my opinion there's a lot of weak ass shit out there.. should I lower my standards??? Osama will make a mockery of EVERYTHING then you'll all be down at my level you dogs!!!! and you won't even know it till you're polishing my glistening multi-platinum balls. Everyone goin' around sayin' that everything is cool... HA!! Sure.. give props for effort, but if you suck ass... better keep those nerdy lips moist... ALLAHQUANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, now you're taking buddy. You're right, there a lot of "weak ass shit" out there. Dont listen tto those slow-brains. What we need is hard tubular shits, the type that draw blood on exit, i'm talking real widowmakers here. I KNOW you know what i'm talking about!!

eh, allahquando?

zzzz buh! sorry, I slept through all that. Can someone give me the gist of it?

Osama Van Halen said:

ha ha infidel dog! it seems you havent mastered the colonial tongue. If i say "feel free to boo the screen" its an invite not a misinterpretation of your misguided opinion(s).

multi platinum balls eh? so i guess they're big in germany because they aint breaking no records over here. zing!

i cant wait for wednesday...... its going to be so embarrasing:eek:. i knew i should have taken code ninja up on his offer to stand guard over the vee jay jaying. he'd keep all the fools in line.

chickenham said:
zzzz buh! sorry, I slept through all that. Can someone give me the gist of it?

It had something to do with dropping the hand in the cinema

c0De_n1NjA said:
yeah, now you're taking buddy. You're right, there a lot of "weak ass shit" out there. Dont listen tto those slow-brains. What we need is hard tubular shits, the type that draw blood on exit, i'm talking real widowmakers here. I KNOW you know what i'm talking about!!

eh, allahquando?
Big bootle of bleach shaped bowl crackers. Hindenbergs from the dark brown tunnel. ALLAHQUANDO!!!!!!!!

Zeelander said:
Sometimes it's ok to use the term "...in my experience" rather than "Fact." Especially when making big old generalisations and stuff.
The Scandinavian Report 1961 was an investigation into the state of irish design, industrial, graphic etc, with the results that overall, irish design was overall, extremely poor, the governemnt setup the kilkenny design studios as a result of these studies.
Visual education is non existant in the education curriculum of this country, compared to lets say afghanistan, a war torn country whos new primary education curriculum, post taliban, consisted of reading, writing and art! This would be considered as money wasted in Ireland.
The state of our built environment in our current economy, sprawling bland suburban mess that it is also highlights the complete lack of spatial or visual awareness on our governments part.
I don't think it's to much of a generalisation to say visual awareness is not an irish quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back