DJs, Musicians and Visual dudes (5 Viewers)

Zeelander said:
It is in community colleges poshos.

i remember got a part time tutor in college to go back over illustration, we'll call her miss primrose, and she told us one time that she used to teach art at second level in some fairly rough (as she put it) school in dublin. One day a student made a really great picture, which for any second level art teacher is the equivalent of getting an oscar, then this other huge lad who was getting frustrated with how crap his picture/life was turning out, stood up grabbed the picture off the child prodigys desk then walked up to the teacher and slowly tore it up in the bin beside her. teacher = 5ft nothing student=6foot+ of raging hormones/chemicals. result=teacher leaves shortly after. child prodigy climbs up bell tower and shoots the gym teacher, caretaker and chip van man.

What would Freud say?

'You are a fery fery annoyink young man'
and maybe
'Shut yr hole'

Bag'o'cans said:
Only in first year and and all you do is draw a picture every week. Nothing about shape colour form.

Gah you'd argue this to the death. What you do in first year art is very much dependant on the teacher, much like other subjects I suppose. I had a wonderful art teacher in first year art. But anyway, the point I'm making is that art is not "non-existant" in the Irish curriculum, as you say.

Zeelander said:
Gah you'd argue this to the death. What you do in first year art is very much dependant on the teacher, much like other subjects I suppose. I had a wonderful art teacher in first year art. But anyway, the point I'm making is that art is not "non-existant" in the Irish curriculum, as you say.
I was willing to let it lie, all the others said the "buts" first, then i joined in.
Ok art is not non existant, i should have said something more like design or visual awareness/appreciation is non existant. Letting teenagers draw for 40 minutes a week isn't contributing to the aesthetics of a nation.

Bag'o'cans said:
I was willing to let it lie, all the others said the "buts" first, then i joined in.
Ok art is not non existant, i should have said something more like design or visual awareness/appreciation is non existant. Letting teenagers draw for 40 minutes a week isn't contributing to the aesthetics of a nation.

yes it is.

As Zita pointed out, it depends on the teacher. It's a personality thing more than it's a programme of aesthetics that can be tested. It's hard to find an equivalent to music grades for kids entering the visual arts, ie there's no regimented practical training in becoming a visual craftsperson. It's good to have a solid foundation in your craft before you start worrying about what your going to say as an 'artist'.

Wavioli said:
and we shall systematically destroy you ;)
My visuals will systematically destroy you.
But no seriously, i wouldn't knock something to somebodies face with intent, nor am i mocking any particular work here, i live in a cave at the moment, i'm not aware of anyones "work".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back