DIY Record labels (1 Viewer)

l_92731ada9ad7e627a10f1e3fb752f097.jpg

what is he saying?
CAPTAIN WE GOING DOWN!!

Uh ok, I'm in "talks" with an American band to put out a discography of their work. Nothing major, they only did two seven inches, one split and a few compilation appearances but I think its well worth putting it out.. Anyway, would this work on CD or LP? I was thinking both but would people buy the CD's?

Depends on the band really,where is the appeal. Do you think they would sell to a cd crowd or vinyl? How well known is the band? Are they still around to tour which would indirectly supprt the release. Do people know them here or are they more known in america? etc etc etc.

Depends on the band really,where is the appeal. Do you think they would sell to a cd crowd or vinyl? How well known is the band? Are they still around to tour which would indirectly supprt the release. Do people know them here or are they more known in america? etc etc etc.

See the band themselves are long defunt (2000 to just about 2002) but they've been kept going through everyone download MP3's of the band. Everything they put out was really limited but they're all over the net. They all moved onto other bands long ago so there's no chance of touring. Or even a "reunion" gig.. They're not huge but they're legend in screamo circles so it's be that kinda crowd. Since everything they did was vinyl, I was thinking that but then again its a discog which suits CD better.

screamo = vinyl crowd i reckon.limited amounts.nerdy packaging.with trees on. work hard at trades and you should be alriight

I am intrigued by this mystery discography project of yours.

:) You know me too well. Pity they ain't interested anymore. They're most likely looking for a pretty big label who can properly look after it like Level Plane or someone equally as worthy.

that woulda definitely been a vinyl job.shame it didn't work out graeme..still,not surprised,i think other bigger labels have tried and failed as well (Robotic Empire for example)..I don't think it'll ever happen.

what's you plans for the next releases lads?
jamie doing divisions ruin '7 ,yeah? anything else?

that woulda definitely been a vinyl job.shame it didn't work out graeme..still,not surprised,i think other bigger labels have tried and failed as well (Robotic Empire for example)..I don't think it'll ever happen.

Thats the reason I emailed in the first place, just to see if anyone will be putting it out at all. It's a pity cos the MP3's floating around are such awful awful quality and thats their legacy now..

It'd have been 1000 records, 10 different colours. Money Spinner!! They'd have sold to 100 people who'd have bought all the different colours. :)

As for other releases, just the one. The debut album by the local Kraut rockers Vox Populi is in the works. I wanna do an LP but they want CD..

10 inch is a suicide.it's the same money as lp or even more expensive in some pressing plants.
i'm doing ROMEO MUST DIE '12 (artimus pyle meets hhig meets catharsis)instead of 10 inch coz it's so expensive to make.

hmm..to be fair doing a Drainland record is probably suicide anyway :)
really?same as an LP?Maybe i should check that out then..there's gonna be a cd version on some American label as well,trying to sort it all out now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back