DIY Record labels (1 Viewer)

800 black, 200 coloured

i just checked their website and
this special offer looks very good

yeah, can anyone reccomend decent printers for covers actually?

Gambra - the US postal rates went up massively recently.$500 wouldn't surprise me at all.500 records weighs a huge amount!

Yup I know that but the price Skub paid for the 1000 records including $1,000 for shipping them all was still $700 over Pirates Press own Specials price..

it was no rip off. we agree to this price before doing pressing. few months ago it was the only option.
500 for shipping it's usual price i think.
sending 500 cd from poland it's nearly 100 euros
don't forget the vinyl is much more heavy and takes much more space.

Fair enough.. The offer price is looking fairly good there though.. How much is a 500 CD pressing? With packaging like the Tunkguska one? Do rockers have a price list?

don't remember about tunguska
but other cd's like NEXT VICTIM cd digipack
costs now 785€ includding shipping to ireland
but.........there's a big but.
they sometimes messing pretty badly. don't wanna talk about this actually coz it costs me too much nerves.

Ive released on two different record labels.
They both worked pretty differently. When KicknPunch put out the Bomberegn record,we paid the recording. Then they gave us 20 percent of the records.

With Fy fan! , feral ward paid all the recording . Like 700euros . Then also gave us 20percent of the records.

Guess everyone works differently.

When bastard youth released a record we got about 3 copies. haha.

Ive released on two different record labels.
They both worked pretty differently. When KicknPunch put out the Bomberegn record,we paid the recording. Then they gave us 20 percent of the records.

With Fy fan! , feral ward paid all the recording . Like 700euros . Then also gave us 20percent of the records.

Guess everyone works differently.

When bastard youth released a record we got about 3 copies. haha.

It was 5 copies actually and the recording cost us £1.60 each...:D

When pacer did the Treasure Island compilation "Vent Your Angst", Rob paid for two recording sessions (two sets of songs, used the second set) and we got no copies. He also tried to get us to sign this contract thing paying us for three songs even though we had four on there. "Yeah but that cover of the shake n vac is only 25 seconds long" - "if it's a track on the cd, it's a track on the contract". Oh and then he tried to get us to sign a six album deal for Treasure Island on the basis that "distributors won't touch a band unless they're signed for more than five albums".

You could all learn some from that, y'hear.

for a 7"?

that's quite literally insane.both the amount it cost you to record, and that he gave you the money.

€700 is not that much really is it...

Lets say two and a half days in a decent studio recording and mixing 4 tracks: €500
Mastering: €50-€100
Booze and drugs or whatever: €100

Probably a stupid question but wouldn't €500 be better spent doing a one day session in a better studio with a really good live mix than two and a half days in a €200 a day place doing all seperate instrumentation and stuff? If it's only a 7" like.

i suppose it's about budgeting really.i can't think of many DIY bands or labels who'd have that amount to spend on a 7" (€700 would be a fair chunk of the pressing costs like). you'd want to be loaded to be doing things like that ona regular basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back