Digital 4 Track Advice (4 Viewers)

Cheers Ann and Shneaky,
Erm, "defrag"?? What's this? I recently had to wipe my HD and restore my lappy to it's original factory settings to rid it of a virus, is this "defragging"?

Not exactly, but consider it defragged now...

No, you don't need an internet connection to run Reaper.

Not sure how to look at your system properties in Windows 7 to see how much RAM you have - try going to Control Panel, if it still exists in windows 7, and double click "system" icon, or alternatively go to your Help menu in windows 7 and search for "system properties".

Alternatively there's a free / safe / clean free program called Belarc Advisor that will give you *all* the info on what's inside your computer - RAM, processor, etc etc - a really handy program.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Be sure to post up here when you decide what you want to buy Audio interface / Mic wise before you order them ...

@travispickle You said you had to reinstall Windows cause of a virus, did you make sure you reinstalled all the drives too? Go to start -> right click on computer -> manage -> device manager. If you have any yellow circles with "!" in the middle you need to grab them drivers.

Google the shit out of them. Let me know if you have trouble getting any.

@travispickle You said you had to reinstall Windows cause of a virus, did you make sure you reinstalled all the drives too? Go to start -> right click on computer -> manage -> device manager. If you have any yellow circles with "!" in the middle you need to grab them drivers.

Google the shit out of them. Let me know if you have trouble getting any.

Thanks Rayray - I didn't manually reinstall drives, no. Just reset my laptop to it's factory settings. It's still crashing like fuck. I'll check on those drives later. Thanks for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back