Derren Brown to predict the lotto (1 Viewer)

drink-coke-gross.jpg

i only saw those subliminal flashes two times...i thought it was corny...at least unsubtle.

Goddam lost a long reply to this due to thumped (or this damned machine) logging me out! aaaargh!

Suffice to say, it was indeed corny but was actually an esential part of the process of convincing you that there was a barrage of subliminal stuff going on in the show, even though a) there was not, and b) he actually debunks "subliminal" messages in the show itself.

The show from start to finish was a choc full of verbal and demonstrative aguments designed to persuade you that the effect was actually going to work. The nuts of it was the piece delivered directly to camera, before the rotating image served to unfocus your mind to allow the persuasion to sink in. Hypnosis only works if you believe it's going to, and you want to take part. So if you did, it likely worked for you.

(etc etc blah blah blah other stuff I'm not going to type a second time....)

I didn't get stuck but did notice and feel a few things while watching it. There were the obvious few flashes of the person tied to the chair, but just before the piece with the girl in the toy shop, there was a quick high speed shot of buses passing on the street. The very last bus caused a flash on the screen which instantly made me feel extremely relaxed and somewhat lacking in energy. Also there was a shot in which the camera was sloooooowly moving in towards him as he spoke which made me feel the same way. The video gave me the same feeling too but I was able to get up straight after it. Kinda weird. I reckon the obvious ones were to distract people from whatever techniques he was REALLY using.

The nuts of it was the piece delivered directly to camera,

Yeah I think so too. I just watched it now after dling it and despite his assertion that it wouldn't work it definately had some effect on me. But mostly it was during that piece to camera when things started to take effect when everything began to feel really heavy and it just kind of continued through the film itself. I was definately aware that it was happening to me but at the same time I was letting it happen. That is to say that At one point I felt unable to move nut then decided to snap out of it and a few seconds later I could.

Anyway, did anyone pick a giraffe? I spotted him doing the arm thing and knew it was something to do with what the woman was going to pick but for some reason a rabbit popped into my head but as the footage continued I began to get the notion of a giraffe instead.

Anyway, did anyone pick a giraffe? I spotted him doing the arm thing and knew it was something to do with what the woman was going to pick but for some reason a rabbit popped into my head but as the footage continued I began to get the notion of a giraffe instead.

I've been thinking about this a bit this morning, the way he guided her around the shop before ultimately taking her to the giraffe, I can't help but wonder if that was a piece of theatre or if there were in fact other possible things that she could have chosen based on the suggestions in the shop and during the walk around he was cold reading her to narrow down what she'd actually chosen.

I've been thinking about this a bit this morning, the way he guided her around the shop before ultimately taking her to the giraffe, I can't help but wonder if that was a piece of theatre or if there were in fact other possible things that she could have chosen based on the suggestions in the shop and during the walk around he was cold reading her to narrow down what she'd actually chosen.

Yeah he was totally cold reading her.
He did a similar thing in a previous series where he had, mmm, I think it was a mayor or some Europen city (Venice?) ... hide a coin somewhere in the city centre. Walking with him, just as he did with the girl, he found it after about 2 hours tucked away in a statue on a fountain in a town square..

So did anyone watch the latest episode?

Just an extension of the subliminal messaging stuff from last week right? With her eyes dilating bigger and smaller to make people think of the concentric circles. Also the eyes themselves being concentric.

So did anyone watch the latest episode?

Just an extension of the subliminal messaging stuff from last week right? With her eyes dilating bigger and smaller to make people think of the concentric circles. Also the eyes themselves being concentric.

Saw it alright, wasn't the best episode i have to say. I certainly didn't pick the circles anyway, or stonehenge for that matter.

Her eyes were pretty weird i remember thinking at the time, althought i never associated it with the circles until now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back