Derren Brown to predict the lotto (1 Viewer)

by the way guys, its highly likely he will spin a yarn tonite about how he did it that is complete bullshit.

Did he molest you at some point froog? Is that what this is all about?

ok, that was lame. But you do seem to have a big chip on your shoulder about this froog. It's just a trick

anyway, here's the TRUTH

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

by some idiot

Can't see the videos in work but i reckon i will be dissappointed about his explination of how he did it. I watched the clip of him doing it and really can't see how it would be camera trickery. If it turns out to be i will be dissapointed. I don't think he should tell people how he did it.

Never trust anyone to tape something that you really want to see cos your at rehearsal :(

If anyone espies this somewhere online (i'm sure it'll be on 4od if anyone knows how to watch that from here these days) please post here :(x2

No. It's a plot hole really. He didn't show his rough-work for examination.
He said "I did the calculations because I didn't want them to know the numbers beforehand", put the balls in a tube, and then ran out to the studio to do the live prediction thing.

A pretty average show. The coin toss thing was interesting if true.
The foot knife thing was well done. He's done "wisdom of crowds" stuff before, but not to this extent.

I just saw the repeat btw.

http://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Crowds-Collective-Economies-Societies/dp/0385503865

really good book, but i don't remember anything in it about predicting lotto numbers... maybe because the whole concept is based on the benefits of divergent information / opinions, not predicting the fucking future through "automatic writing". sake.

If four basic conditions are met, a crowd's "collective intelligence" will produce better outcomes than a small group of experts, Surowiecki says, even if members of the crowd don't know all the facts or choose, individually, to act irrationally. "Wise crowds" need (1) diversity of opinion; (2) independence of members from one another; (3) decentralization; and (4) a good method for aggregating opinions. The diversity brings in different information; independence keeps people from being swayed by a single opinion leader; people's errors balance each other out; and including all opinions guarantees that the results are "smarter" than if a single expert had been in charge.

...not predicting the fucking future through "automatic writing". sake.

Automatic writing, is a genuine method for getting stuff out of your head from the subconscious mind. It's not a supernatural phenomenon - it's the same sort of ideomotor effect that makes ouija-boards "work" - i.e. the participants are actually generating the words, but are not aware that they are physically pushing the glass around themselves to do so.

oui-ja boards!! thats someones finger leading the group glass sold as spirit-influence....i failed to see the link twixt auto-writing and guessing the weight of a cow right in front of you...back then guessing a cows weight was like guessing taxi fare from here to rathmines...not that random.

the Blaine fella afterwards was cool crack

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back