Derren Brown to predict the lotto (1 Viewer)

Automatic writing, is a genuine method for getting stuff out of your head from the subconscious mind. It's not a supernatural phenomenon - it's the same sort of ideomotor effect that makes ouija-boards "work" - i.e. the participants are actually generating the words, but are not aware that they are physically pushing the glass around themselves to do so.

I read The Unexplained as a kid, so in my mind automatic writing will always be associated with mediums, spiritualists, crackpots and frauds.

Even if we accept it as a valid method of psychoanalysis, any suggestion that the collective subconscious of a group of people can somehow predict the future is bullshit.

yeah, fairly lame explanation but then it's not really his job to explain away every possible way it could be done to a sceptic who has no interest in believing him. It's a bit like juggling, no one is interested in how many thing you can juggle, they just want to know how many you can't.

Ah it was dissapointing alright but still good as nobody knows how he did it. Nobody think the fixing the machine was a possibility then no?

told you guys, two bullshit explanations. split screen it was. he does put on a good show tho in fairness.

I can't believe a group of 20 odd people would pick numbers that would average at out 2. I'll go with the split screen also.

Well, if they all picked 2 as the number it would average out at two. Or if most of them chose 2 and the rest were fairly evenly split between 1's and 3's, it would average out at 2.

It's as likely as any other number.

I can't believe a group of 20 odd people would pick numbers that would average at out 2. I'll go with the split screen also.

they were allowed to choose negative numbers too which makes an average of 2 more possible. But, yeah, nobody seeing the "roughwork" was bullcrud. I don't believe his explanation, but I don't think it was split screen either. He's not a "making the statue of liberty disappear" sort of act.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

have a message typed and ready to post in case you actually find yourself unable to get off your arse
not sure if i can watch it live online
hmmm...sensing mental manipulation already

well the film itself may have had no subliminal messages, but right after it finished and he was talking to the camera this flashed up on the screen. I only watched from just before the MAGIC CLIP to the end of the show, so were there more of them?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 39

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back