Depression [Aware Helpline 1890 303 302] (1 Viewer)

GOOD MAN YOURSELF!

Very proud of you ,I'm sure we all are.

Some of the conversations I've had with me doc over the years have been similar

Disclaimer:
These anti depressants might be affecting my brain
Here actually I meant to put this in this thread

The Secret History Of Thoughts : Invisibilia : NPR

It goes through some different kinds of therapy in a clear way and talks about how they can help people deal with different things in their life. I was never sure on the connection between say, Freudian, CBT and Mindfulness although I was aware of them all. It might be worth a listen to go along with whatever you're doing.

Obviously leave the experts to do the experts work but maybe as supplementary reading, so to speak.

Last edited:
So my contact wasn't able to come up with a specific recommendation for a counselor, just this.
So I spoke to S about a recommendation for a Dublin counsellor
She doesn't know someone she can recommend right now, but she said to go to IACP for details of certified therapists and to check for IACP certification if given a recommendation from someone else.

Re the above, your GP will usually be a good one to recommend a counciller, or give you a referral.

I'm seeing an addiction dude on Monday morning. And I'm on a waiting list to be matched with someone through Living Life Counselling in Bray. I was at the psychiatrist yesterday. I quite enjoyed. He reckons I'm depressed but only cos I've made myself that way and it's up to me with the support of the counsellors, meds and engaging with my doc to get myself out of the hole. Which I will do.

Do y'know something, that "it's ok to say you're not ok" line is bullshit. I regret with all my heart telling my parents and certain friends. The couple of friends who've been depressed have been great. And now I've got my mojo back in a big way. But it's forever hanging over conversations with parents and certain friends to a point that it's piss easy to fall out with them. Everyone else just looks at you different. And I don't live in some backward hellhole in Tipperary or somewhere.

Do y'know something, that "it's ok to say you're not ok" line is bullshit. I regret with all my heart telling my parents and certain friends. The couple of friends who've been depressed have been great. And now I've got my mojo back in a big way. But it's forever hanging over conversations with parents and certain friends to a point that it's piss easy to fall out with them. Everyone else just looks at you different. And I don't live in some backward hellhole in Tipperary or somewhere.
I guess you can't choose your folks, but theres a generation out there who grew up in such a sheltered environment that when they finally removed their heads from their holes they didn't believe, and/or couldn't accept the shit they saw.

Folks/family aside, you can choose, to a large extent, who you surround yourself with. It sounds like you have some good people around you. Stick with wit them I reckon, and fuck the rest until you feel up to it again.

Scuts, my oul lad takes anti-ds and has gone to counselling. My ma's ma spent a year depressed sometime in the 90s.

It's the stigma. You can't fucking do anything without them being worried. Friends with no knowledge will try and guilt trip you into doing The Right Thing if you ever try having some fun.

I would never tell an employer now.

You're on yer own in this life.

(in my experience)

You can't fucking do anything without them being worried. Friends with no knowledge will try and guilt trip you into doing The Right Thing if you ever try having some fun.

Having no knowledge of the specifics, this reads to me like people with your best interests at heart.

Yeah but there's a difference between being supportive and protective and just plain meddling and being controlling.

That's wot I'm trying to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back