Depression [Aware Helpline 1890 303 302] (1 Viewer)

Scuts, my oul lad takes anti-ds and has gone to counselling. My ma's ma spent a year depressed sometime in the 90s.

It's the stigma. You can't fucking do anything without them being worried. Friends with no knowledge will try and guilt trip you into doing The Right Thing if you ever try having some fun.

I would never tell an employer now.

You're on yer own in this life.

(in my experience)
We got yer back CB. Everyone here is rooting for ya buddy.

I had a similar experience with my folks, though they meant really well. They just kind of wrap me in cotton wool because of my anxiety/depression and my epilepsy. I'm 26 and when I told them I was going to go to Iceland on my own for a week, they lost their shit and acted like I was a bab. I know its a bit different for them since they're convinced if I'm ever on my own I'll either go off the rails and jump into a fjord, or have a seizure and fall into a fjord.

I had a similar experience with my folks, though they meant really well. They just kind of wrap me in cotton wool because of my anxiety/depression and my epilepsy. I'm 26 and when I told them I was going to go to Iceland on my own for a week, they lost their shit and acted like I was a bab. I know its a bit different for them since they're convinced if I'm ever on my own I'll either go off the rails and jump into a fjord, or have a seizure and fall into a fjord.

Actually, I had a similar experience too with my folks and the travelling thing. My dad in particular kind of freaked when I told them I was going to India for a bit a few years back. I've always had anxiety and depression issues from when I was a teenager and I think they just thought that I might get sick and not be able to handle it, but I think that folks are always going to worry. You just have to go for it and do what you want to do and it will be cool. and they'll be cool.

Actually, I had a similar experience too with my folks and the travelling thing. My dad in particular kind of freaked when I told them I was going to India for a bit a few years back. I've always had anxiety and depression issues from when I was a teenager and I think they just thought that I might get sick and not be able to handle it, but I think that folks are always going to worry. You just have to go for it and do what you want to do and it will be cool. and they'll be cool.

Yeah thats pretty much what I said to them. I think honestly its more the epilepsy thing, since I wasn't diagnosed as a kid they sort of freak out about it now like I'm a kid, if that makes sense. But sure yeah, I'm making serious travel plans for next year, with a friend that knows how to handle my seizures, so I'm not going to let it hold me back!

Yeah thats pretty much what I said to them. I think honestly its more the epilepsy thing, since I wasn't diagnosed as a kid they sort of freak out about it now like I'm a kid, if that makes sense. But sure yeah, I'm making serious travel plans for next year, with a friend that knows how to handle my seizures, so I'm not going to let it hold me back!

That's awesome. Travelling is amazing! The best decision I've ever made

yeah

my parents were always 'interfering' and annoying me when i was drinking but obviously they were completely right

i think when people close to you are getting on your nerves in these cases it's because there's something you're not dealing with

you've been doing an awful lot of messing around with drugs from the sound of it cinnamonboy so they're probably well justified in being worried until you're clearly past that

I'm actually doing ok myself, but since coming off my meds, I find that although my overall mood is good when things are going well, it gets really, really affected by external factors.

Like, to explain, if something goes wrong at work, I am sent into an instant state of panic, and tears and it takes me days to get over it. If someone close to me is down, I get really down myself.

The odd thing - and the kind of worrying thing - is that its not a lasting kind of reactivity, but its so intense. Its like, grand grand grand REALLY EMOTIONAL I WANT TO DISAPPEAR EVERYTHINGS RUINED FOREVER grand grand grand OH GOD I CANT COPE WITH ANYTHING SERIOUSLY THIS IS THE WORST grand grand grand.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, I guess the best way to describe it is that my emotions are really intense right now, but on a day to day basis I'm feeling ok... its kind of better than being depressed, but also kind of not, because the nosediving shit and then feeling better is really stressful and tiring, and I'm more concerned with the affect its having on my anxiety and my sleeping.

Anyway I probably just sound insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back