Depression [Aware Helpline 1890 303 302] (3 Viewers)

I think a lot of people are in this boat and don't even realise it. I know I was.
Yeah, I think it took a few weeks for it to sink in that I actually didn't have to go back. It was a fucking fantastic feeling. Probably one of the best decisions I've made, turned down a promotion and everything to move out of there.

It's a year ago since I wrote that post and I thought I 'd come back to it.
A lot of 2016 was a total write off for me. When I look back at it now I realise just how depressed and anxious I was for that whole period. To say that things have improved since then is a huge understatement.
Things are going really really great right now.
I switched jobs a few months ago and now where I work is a 20 minute walk from home and the job's way more interesting. I actually didn't realise how much I hated my old job until I left.
Also, my kids started school around here in the last month and it's been going really good for them so far.
Overall, life is just a lot more enjoyable and way less stressful and anxiety inducing than it was a year ago.
So, yeah, things might be shite sometimes but they can always get better.

Really glad to hear that.

I think a lot of people are in this boat and don't even realise it. I know I was.

There was a place I was in a good few years ago where the highlight of my day was leaving the office at the end of the day. That feeling lasted about 20 minutes as I realised after that that I'd have to go back the following morning.

Sometimes you need to take a holistic view on things. I spent most of my session in therapy this week talking about how lethargic I've felt in the past few days, the lack of energy, the mental effort it takes to do the slightest thing and how I would typically associate that with encroaching mental storm clouds that arrive a few days later.

Turns out I was just sunburned.

Hah!
That's like that David Cross joke about therapy. He's going for years, and it's been really helpful, but he could never figure out what the actual seed of his depression was. He finally had a breakthrough. All this time.......he had a stone in his shoe

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back