Depression [Aware Helpline 1890 303 302] (1 Viewer)

I'm actually doing ok myself, but since coming off my meds, I find that although my overall mood is good when things are going well, it gets really, really affected by external factors.

Like, to explain, if something goes wrong at work, I am sent into an instant state of panic, and tears and it takes me days to get over it. If someone close to me is down, I get really down myself.

The odd thing - and the kind of worrying thing - is that its not a lasting kind of reactivity, but its so intense. Its like, grand grand grand REALLY EMOTIONAL I WANT TO DISAPPEAR EVERYTHINGS RUINED FOREVER grand grand grand OH GOD I CANT COPE WITH ANYTHING SERIOUSLY THIS IS THE WORST grand grand grand.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, I guess the best way to describe it is that my emotions are really intense right now, but on a day to day basis I'm feeling ok... its kind of better than being depressed, but also kind of not, because the nosediving shit and then feeling better is really stressful and tiring, and I'm more concerned with the affect its having on my anxiety and my sleeping.

Anyway I probably just sound insane.

I've been experiencing something very similar for the past 4 years or so. Not constantly, but when it hits it lasts a few months and then I'm able to cope with everything again. It's tough going. Try to get as much sleep as you can, despite the insomnia that comes with it, because sleep deprivation only makes it worse in my experience. It's pretty shit so hope it passes for you soon.

I've been experiencing something very similar for the past 4 years or so. Not constantly, but when it hits it lasts a few months and then I'm able to cope with everything again. It's tough going. Try to get as much sleep as you can, despite the insomnia that comes with it, because sleep deprivation only makes it worse in my experience. It's pretty shit so hope it passes for you soon.

same to you!!! thanks for this response, it does feel like i'm being a mad, oversensitive idiot sometimes. Or kind of like... I'm 26 now, I should probably be able to handle having feelings.. its just those times where as you said it overwhelms you.

same to you!!! thanks for this response, it does feel like i'm being a mad, oversensitive idiot sometimes. Or kind of like... I'm 26 now, I should probably be able to handle having feelings.. its just those times where as you said it overwhelms you.

Age has nothing to do with it, you can take that from someone older than you who has seen people older than both of us combined go through similar.

Doesn't make it less scary to deal with though, when you reach that moment when you realise you're going to either breakdown or blow up any second and either way you're going to seem nuts.

I can't stand the noise in my office. The fucking blather, non-stop, especially in the break room. I hope the weather gets better soon and I'll take my breaks out in the fresh air away from the world babble champions.

Thumped is broken because I'm depressed. It runs on positive vibrations and I'm on a downer.

I feel you, I've been on a real downer over the past few weeks too but am slowly coming out of it. I recommend cooking for at least an hour when you get home and listening to a lovely, relaxing album while you do it. This is my personal favourite to help calm me down:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I was in a dreadfully unhappy mood all yesterday. I think this muggy weather isn't helping. Roll on the rain plz.

I feel you, I've been on a real downer over the past few weeks too but am slowly coming out of it. I recommend cooking for at least an hour when you get home and listening to a lovely, relaxing album while you do it. This is my personal favourite to help calm me down:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just when things feel like they've bottomed out they get worse. I am sick of it all.

Just when things feel like they've bottomed out they get worse. I am sick of it all.

Man, I was exactly the same last week, just really, really down and couldn't seem to get out of it. Which is scary when you've been doing pretty well and feel like its all come down around you like an avalanche. But next week will be better, hell tomorrow will probably even be better. Its the small, inane things that make a difference, like nice food, getting air, not using the computer after work, reading... small things that seem inconsequential, but that make the shit days bearable, on repeat, until eventually you realise they've passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back