Dedicated Glen Hansard Oscar Thread. (1 Viewer)

Fuck Glen and fuck the oscars, I thought this thread would be better. Still if it wasn't for Panto and Vinnie it could've been worse.

I'm shocked nobody has said this yet.

- she had to get brought back on because he wouldn't let her get a word in, the prick.
- "make art, make art, make art" what a prick.

y'know, I'm not saying this, but 13 pages and nobody has. Well done people. Well done. and well done to the two winners.

Did anyone watch the Sky One coverage (with some seriously heavy handed editing)?

After Hansard's "Thanks folks" speech it cut back to John Stewart who quips: "That guy is so arrogant" His timing and delivery was brilliant!

It should be noted, I think, that this song deserved to win the category, even if I kinda agree that prizes for songs are pretty weird on one level - the other songs from Enchanted were insufferable.

On the other hand, I find the song really really fucking boring and just, well, shite. I mean I kind a like the Frames. In comparison, Falling Slowly would be by far my least favourite song if it were on Fitzcarraldo, Dance the Devil or For The Birds.

I think it's the best thing he's ever done, but it's still fucking shite.

I'm shocked nobody has said this yet.

- she had to get brought back on because he wouldn't let her get a word in, the prick.
- "make art, make art, make art" what a prick.

y'know, I'm not saying this, but 13 pages and nobody has. Well done people. Well done. and well done to the two winners.

but if you look at the length of time diablo cody was given to speak, glen's didn't seem all that long. i was surprised when the music came in - seems they were just given a smaller slot.

the 'make art' bit was sooooooooooooo unneccessary though

What about his comment afterwards that he was delighted to get a text from Bono who is like 'the chieftain of our country'. I think that glen is just a nerd really rather than a dickhead

What about his comment afterwards that he was delighted to get a text from Bono who is like 'the chieftain of our country'. I think that glen is just a nerd really rather than a dickhead

When asked if his win had sunk in, he said: "It's kind of sunk in so much that I've been walking around with this heavy thing all night. What was really amazing for me was getting texts from family and friends, it was amazing beforehand, and then I got a text from Bono and I was like 'Ah, my God, that's just amazing.' For me it was just like getting a text off the King of the Tribe."

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/0225/hansardg.html

After Hansard's "Thanks folks" speech it cut back to John Stewart who quips: "That guy is so arrogant" His timing and delivery was brilliant!

so true. that was hilarious. because hansard could not have been any more humble. really cap-in-the-hand-paddywhackery-humble. and stewart nailed it with that line.

well done to them, i did get a bit emotional when they were announced winners and made their speeches. and for danny day too. but i find i get emotional over anything like that recently .. :confused:

even worse - from the Irish Times:

"Meeting the press backstage after receiving his Oscar, Hansard said he got he a congratulatory text message from Bono, which "is one of the biggest things that can happen to an Irishman," he said, describing the U2 lead singer as "the chieftain of our country".

After all the hullabaloo is over, Glen is gonna come home, open a nice bottle of Chilean red, fire up the auld computator and read this thread. You bastards are such bastards sometimes.

but if you look at the length of time diablo cody was given to speak, glen's didn't seem all that long. i was surprised when the music came in - seems they were just given a smaller slot.

the 'make art' bit was sooooooooooooo unneccessary though

also, he moved over and made room for her to come closer to say somethin as he was talkin. they did cut to the music quite quickly.

i just think he was excited when he said the 'make art, make art'.

despite what i think of him, he comes across as quite humble.

........thats how he sucks them in, isnt it.
shit.

I'm fine.
thats all thats important to me right now Corey.

I'm undecided about the "Make art, make art, make art" thing. Its like an incredibly uncool impression of Mike Watt.

yeah the oscar guys said they made a mistake when they whipped up the band over her trying to speak... fair play to Jon Stewart for having her back on

Best is when there name was called out and Marketa went to hug him and he reached right over her and hugged who I assume is his mammy. Oh yes, The God Irish son.

That's a bizzare comment about Bono, he doesn't really need to be invoking The Big Fella's name to get his press inches anymore does he?

Also does this imply that Bono had his number but never texted him till he won an oscar??? Prick...

I think it's the best thing he's ever done, but it's still fucking shite.

Haha ha ha. Lest we forget, the frames have a song called "Pavement Tune", because it sounds like a Pavement tune, and Glen wrote it after publicly saying that he just started listening to a lot of Pavement. Oscar indeed...!zed

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back