david kitt covers album? (1 Viewer)

hag said:
and this thing about supporting absolutely everything without exception simply because people are making an effort... i'm sorry, but i just don't buy into it. i mean, where do you draw the line? right said fred? i really don't think people should be chastised for expressing their level of discomfort with something. sorry if this offends anyone.

i agree, mediocrity should never be applauded just coz it's from your home town or any other reason. if it is then it'll only get worse, look at the current singer-songwriter epidemic, it's like a biblical plague for gods sake.

I was sent the declan o'rourke cd recently and I honestly thought it was a joke when I heard it, can't believe the amount of hype it's getting (the cover photo looks like he's taking a dump). Now i don't know where this guy is from, who he hangs around with or whatever but jesus h. christ, what the fuck!!!!????!!!!

hag said:
no, he should do whatever the fuck he likes. i just don't want to hear it, that's all. i would, on the other hand, be curious to hear his own work. this sacred cow thing... i'm entitled to love something and hold it precious... it's part and parcel of having a heart and stuff.
How can you say that and yet at the same time disregard a persons work without even hearing it. i mean it could (but probably not) be the most jazzified piece of mastery to come out of this country this year but you would miss it because of preconceptions. so what if you listen to it and dont like it. you still have the original.

part and parcel of having a heart yes...but having an open mind

.....unless it was mike flowers pops

Ben Richards said:
How can you say that and yet at the same time disregard a persons work without even hearing it. i mean it could (but probably not) be the most jazzified piece of mastery to come out of this country this year but you would miss it because of preconceptions. so what if you listen to it and dont like it. you still have the original.

part and parcel of having a heart yes...but having an open mind

.....unless it was mike flowers pops
ok, i'll listen to it. be prepared for some feednack though. when i think of good covers, song for the siren by tim buckley covered by liz frazier comes to mind. she has an incredible voice and put her own magial spin on it. i will eat my own face if i can say the same for the covers david kitt has produced. i will eat it live on a webcam and thumped can have exclusive broadcast rights.

something tells me i'll be able to hum "you know what i want to know" along to each an every one of them.

jp said:
oh yeh and you're all a bunch of cunts
well, some of you are
yeah people are such cunts for having an opinion.:rolleyes:

i think it's deadly that david kitt can record what ever he wants and put it out, he's a really nice guy, but it's mediocre singer songwriter stuff (to say the least) and i'd rather not hear a cover version that kills a joyous song.

it doesn't matter where he's from, it's rare to do a really good cover, bringing up this 'people from here are so mean about their own musicians' thing, is totally irrelevant.

Ben Richards said:
it probably will suck though

he's going for that senor coconut dollar....thats a good dollar
and that's a pontless irreverant dollar. that's my point. people can do whatever the hell they like, i never said they couldn't. i just know the spirit of those songs is going to get lost somewhere in his nasal out-of-key kittserness. and the hop-a-dee skip of the looby doo that he does so well.

stunning said:
I'd like to ask if you're to blame then, but this whole thread has become another Thumped public lynching of an independent artist that I don't really want to be a part of it. Its sad really, everyone trying to convince each other how much cooler they are than X.
i just twigged this now... he's independent against his own wishes... i don't think the independent thing should be used to excuse bad decisions... ;) and definitely not as an excuse for bad music... just because something is independent, it doesn't make it right and/or excuseable. lone ranger-type serial killers for example. ;) xxx

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
I think we should have a hoot night where everyone plays songs from the new David Kitt album.
that's the first intelligent thing you've ever said. i want to cover "you know what i want to know..."

Who on this thread has actually heard the album, that was previously
fond of his stuff?
What's the point in giving out about it if your not going to listen to or buy
it anyway?

sarah said:
Who on this thread has actually heard the album, that was previously
fond of his stuff?
What's the point in giving out about it if your not going to listen to or buy
it anyway?
there's no point to this thread at all sarah.

SadieOutlaw said:
yeah people are such cunts for having an opinion.:rolleyes:
i dunno
most people's opinions seem to be of what they think the album will sound like but having not actually heard it
but whatever

Originally Posted by salsa
Anyone who writes an entire album based around being in love with your wife needs to be beaten around the head with a blunt object

I heard, well, I was told.. Actually, make that reliably informed that Kittser and his delightful wife Poppy are no more. Always happens doesn't it? when some twat declares his love in a song. Look at the Gallagher brothers and their songs about Little James and Ms. Wonderwall - marriages ended in tatters. Ike and Tina. Sonny and Cher. The Carpenters. Eric Clapton, George Harrison and Patti Boyd. And many more that I can't think of right now.

Oh, and I got the album on the strength of the vitriol on this thread and sadly, it is easily one of the worst records I have ever heard. If anyone wants it on the cheap, my copy will be on the Freebird racks by the weekend.

jp said:
i dunno
most people's opinions seem to be of what they think the album will sound like but having not actually heard it
but whatever
don't you dare "whatever" sadie outlaw, she'll whatever your ass to kingdom come if you're not careful. i am going to take it upon myself to listen to this when i get home. and you're all going to pay for this tomorrow... reams and reams of meaningless bullshit. it's a promise.

p.s. are you kittser?
p.p.s. do you fancy kittser?
p.p.p.s. would you like it if he wrote about the time you and he spent together one spring in a dappled meadow in connemara?

Alan Latchley said:
I heard, well, I was told.. Actually, make that reliably informed that Kittser and his delightful wife Poppy are no more. Always happens doesn't it?
She must have come with the label deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back