David Bowie returns (1 Viewer)

Eno sayz

CYcwmuLWEAAufKG.jpg:large

What a sad day. I loved Bowie albums so much, I suppose everybody has a favourite Bowie album, he's such a huge part of my memories growing up. He'll be missed

When I got into the lab today, I could hear "Rebel Rebel" reverberating through the rooms. I still don't know who was playing it but it was wonderful to hear given that there's never normally music playing here.

I think the video for China Girl was the first time I ever saw a naked woman on telly (or anywhere).

Though maybe I'd had a sneak peak at H+E before that, I can't remember.

It was definitely the first video I ever felt uncomfortable watching when my folks were in the room.

I saw him in Slane in 87 (I was 13).

My sister reminded me this morning that she took my ticket to go see him on his greatest hits tour in the Point in 1990.

I can remember the background as to why she did, but it seems something I should absolutely resent her for.

Still have the ticket stubbs for both gigs. I should get a picture of them.
I was at both those gigs too; that Point gig was deadly. Saw him there again for the Reality tour show.
First time I saw him live was in 1983, I went to Milton Keynes with two mates of mine to see him; we were only 16. I don't know how my parents let me go; I can only say that at that time he was by far the most important thing in my life and I probably mithered my folks to let me go!

Remember the Hoot nights in the Sugar Club about 12 years ago? There was a great Bowie V Blondie night. I seem to remember @dudley Corporation doing a great version of Under Pressure with someone - Carol Keogh maybe. I was hoping one of ye - maybe @egg_ and Stoat would do Five Years, but nobody did.

That was one of our greatest moments, with @Luther Blissett on bass, who'd perfected the "turn away from it all like a blind man" bit, I remember the place erupting when it got to the giant three part harmony at the end. Ta for that, David.

Carol did the Blondie song that night, uh....Picture this it was.

That was one of our greatest moments, with @Luther Blissett on bass, who'd perfected the "turn away from it all like a blind man" bit, I remember the place erupting when it got to the giant three part harmony at the end. Ta for that, David.

Carol did the Blondie song that night, uh....Picture this it was.

Ah yeah. Jaysus that was class alright! The mood in the place that night was so FEEL-GOOD!

Listening to Hunky Dory

Pop music dosent get much better than this.
Perfection.

Ten Outta Ten Outta Ten

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back