• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 90
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 7
Re: Re: dempsey

Originally posted by lmd64
Arf! :p

um, don't think so... anyway, whatever happened to him, eh? His stuff was class, honest and seminal inner city rap. There was one shiny tracksuit who knew how to keep it real.

...that dude wound up doing an episode of "songs from a room".singing about heroin in the flats and all. Quality programme that. I see too that R.T.E in it's programming statment is changing its name to the Glen Hansard network, fucker never got off my t.v. all weekend.

Re: Re: dempsey

Originally posted by lmd64
Arf! :p

um, don't think so... anyway, whatever happened to him, eh? His stuff was class, honest and seminal inner city rap. There was one shiny tracksuit who knew how to keep it real.

it is the very same guy actually

he released that single when I moved down the country, and all the muck savages would slag me and my Dublin breathen about it everytime it came on the radio. I've never been able to make peace with Damo since.

Re: Re: Re: dempsey

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
...that dude wound up doing an episode of "songs from a room".singing about heroin in the flats and all. Quality programme that. I see too that R.T.E in it's programming statment is changing its name to the Glen Hansard network, fucker never got off my t.v. all weekend.

I won't hear a bad word said against Glen Hansard. Glen Hansard is great, the more I see of Glen Hansard, the more brilliant I think Glen Hansard is. In fact, if I see Glen Hansard once more this week on the telly, I'm going to run out of my house, find Glen Hansard wherever Glen Hansard happens to be and simply DEMAND that Glen Hansard father a love-child upon me.

glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard glen hansard

..the skeletal ginger faced git. I caught part of the show the other night and it was like "lets see how many old frames songs we can play..and then for joy-joy top it off with loads of cover versions..then for the coup de grace get yer man from the waterboys wheeled out..and a twleve year old plays the drums." I will never pay for a t.v. licence again.

Originally posted by stunning
He is completely serious when he sings "I won't let your negative vibes, thoughts and comments get into my psyche and cripple me." Or whatever it is... Not even a glimmer of humour there...give me a break.

He seems unable to laugh at himself and I just can't handle it.

I thought you Dubs didn't like self-rightousness. Explain Cormac, please.

Ah I just can't leave this one alone ...
How is he self-righteous? I don't see it. If there was a glimmer of humour in a line like "Love yourself today" then what would that say? He's for real, dude.

p.s. I'm from Wexford, god-dammit!

Can someone help me out.

I can't decide what i like more...

a. The GLEN HANSARD neck scarf cravate thing.

b. The GLEN HANSARD tattered notebook of melancholy observations and metaphors.

c. the GLEN HANSARD neck brace that he wears presenting that Bo Selecta: Songs from a room...

I don't like his music, or the way he comes across on stage, particularly the celebrity bum-chummery that goes on at every gig...
'Is Nina Hynes in the audience?........No? uhh... is Gemma Hayes here?......'

Cunt.

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
I don't like his music, or the way he comes across on stage, particularly the celebrity bum-chummery that goes on at every gig...
'Is Nina Hynes in the audience?........No? uhh... is Gemma Hayes here?......'

Cunt.

why are you going to every gig then?!!!

nobody has ever properly explained to me why the frames are so loathed here.....i don't get it.
musically they're not that different to a lot of the stuff people here really like and so what if the guy spend 15 seconds introducing some singers he likes on tv to a pretty minimal audience - i mean i doubt he was getting paid zillions of pounds to do it and i doubt any of you heads would do a better job.

and if you consider someone being mates with ninja hynes or whoever that is to be "celebrity bum chummery", i think we have very different definitions of celebrity.

andy

..someone hit a nerve there methinks.Big deal some people don't like his stuff ,some do. are they not entitled to have stupid arguments as to why? most of your statments have been a bit piss takey mister man.

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..someone hit a nerve there methinks.Big deal some people don't like his stuff ,some do. are they not entitled to have stupid arguments as to why? most of your statments have been a bit piss takey mister man.

yeah bro - i'm the worlds biggest frames fan - you found me out.
please don't tell the rest of thumped, ok?

andy

i'm not a fan of the frames music, but i recently went to see them in vicar st to see how our pal rob was doing playing with them.
i didn't come away from it liking their music anymore but i did realise that they put on a pretty impressive show for those that do like them. the level of showmanship was v classy and it was quite something to see so many people genuinely loving the music that they were hearing. i've never seen another irish band create such euphoria and good will amongst their own fans.
some of the parts were the crowd sung their own harmonies were eerily beautiful.

also, glen was a true gent helping out with the no disco stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back