Culchie fuckfest (2 Viewers)

this reminds me of the time i was on a bus full of drunk party-goers in Donegal. They were all roaring along to a saw doctors tape and one of them took exception to the fact I wasn't joining in. So he grabs me by the collar and pushes me up against the wall snarling " sing!"!!
I still laugh about it- did he really expect me to pipe up and sing with gusto?
areshole

so yeah- fuck off culchies.

johnnystress said:
this reminds me of the time i was on a bus full of drunk party-goers in Donegal. They were all roaring along to a saw doctors tape and one of them took exception to the fact I wasn't joining in. So he grabs me by the collar and pushes me up against the wall snarling " sing!"!!
I still laugh about it- did he really expect me to pipe up and sing with gusto?
areshole

so yeah- fuck off culchies.

Killjoy.

OK - just got off the phone with the promoter - after a shit load of bullshit with the pigs, it looks like the fuck fest might be cancelled. will let youse know more when i hear it.

Culchie.I ride my bike most places.
Donkey OJ said:
GAA is great. Its such a lively part of Irish culture. and it has *huge* entertainment value. hence the influx of country people (generally 2 sets of away fans) for the big games at croker which due to capacity reasons cant be played anywhere else. I spent years laughing at these crazy men women and children and their zealotry for applied mucka. then i spent years sitting in their company in stands in croker and in other venues around the country watching their heroes provide serious entertainment. and they're salt of the earth. genuinely. not that that addresses your issues with access around croke park on match days. but they're as entitled to be there as you are. proly could be a little bit better organised as regards parking and scheduling of games. but in my opinion minor disruption to traffic is a pretty small sacrifice to make for the entertainment it provides to the 80,000 odd at the stadium and the hundreds of thousands watching on telly.
have you ever been to a GAA match brian?
you could always get up on your bike to avoid the congestion. like the limerick supporters im the 30s and 40s who cycled from limerick to dublin the day before an all ireland final. fair play to them. puts your moaning in a bit of perspective.

mobosecomin said:
AH hmmm!! Just thinkin theirs a lot of fuckin ingnorant fuck faces posting on this site !! The Gaa really is the heart and soul of this Country ! Hate to whine on about the history but its only 83 years since "Bloody Sunday" Croke Park . Real men go their to fulfill their dreams .. not for money ..!! For fuckin pride ..

And on the Culchie fuckin note .. At least they dont log into a web site every day and try to proclaim their fuckin knowledge of music an arts !!

Bet you av never been to a 3 day session where more drink was drank n dubes smoked yer man with the guitar has bloody fingers altho only 3 strings . dancing on tabes pulling yer own pint in a dirty glass . yer man off his face beside ya talkin bout his fave film "Candyman" The lads rowin in the corner batin em with a sweeping brush..More bodhrans than anyone would like to see .. A mandlin thats fucked "but shur we play it anyway" The blue and gold jerseys sweat blood n beer stained . Yer other man singin some fuckin Radiohead song but he dont know the words...! when all of a sudden its time to fuck off into town to join 50,000 other lunatics in the square in thurles .. all profoundly fucked ... nerver has this many drunk people assembled with no casualties!!! as the band sing the "The rare oul mountain dew" Ya order seven and one for your mate!! Hangin from lamp posts,statues out windows as the team takes the stage ya cant see them but ya know their on stage!! Ya cheer like a fuckin lunatic even tho ya know fully their all wankers!! N while standing in like a fuckin spare prick in a sea of blue and gold ya think this is it THIS IS FUCKIN WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!!!

For three solid days this lasted in Sept 2001 !! I was fifteen at the time!!

So while you say culchies out !! their havin the time of their life!!
(ye ignorant wankers)

The Guinness is great.

We have electricity in Dublin.
We also have dictionaries.Mandolin.
Do they not teach spelling at the hedge school?
mobosecomin said:
AH hmmm!! Just thinkin theirs a lot of fuckin ingnorant fuck faces posting on this site !! The Gaa really is the heart and soul of this Country ! Hate to whine on about the history but its only 83 years since "Bloody Sunday" Croke Park . Real men go their to fulfill their dreams .. not for money ..!! For fuckin pride ..

And on the Culchie fuckin note .. At least they dont log into a web site every day and try to proclaim their fuckin knowledge of music an arts !!

Bet you av never been to a 3 day session where more drink was drank n dubes smoked yer man with the guitar has bloody fingers altho only 3 strings . dancing on tabes pulling yer own pint in a dirty glass . yer man off his face beside ya talkin bout his fave film "Candyman" The lads rowin in the corner batin em with a sweeping brush..More bodhrans than anyone would like to see .. A mandlin thats fucked "but shur we play it anyway" The blue and gold jerseys sweat blood n beer stained . Yer other man singin some fuckin Radiohead song but he dont know the words...! when all of a sudden its time to fuck off into town to join 50,000 other lunatics in the square in thurles .. all profoundly fucked ... nerver has this many drunk people assembled with no casualties!!! as the band sing the "The rare oul mountain dew" Ya order seven and one for your mate!! Hangin from lamp posts,statues out windows as the team takes the stage ya cant see them but ya know their on stage!! Ya cheer like a fuckin lunatic even tho ya know fully their all wankers!! N while standing in like a fuckin spare prick in a sea of blue and gold ya think this is it THIS IS FUCKIN WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!!!

For three solid days this lasted in Sept 2001 !! I was fifteen at the time!!

So while you say culchies out !! their havin the time of their life!!
(ye ignorant wankers)

you're not wrong there ngbthhfdhf. the shakespeare on parnell st comes to mind. heady, dark vibes to the hilt.

i saw brian kennedy last week looking at a horrendous u2 painting in the window of the apollo gallery on dawson street.

anyone else seen it? the painting that is.

No idea what the name of it is, sis pointed it out to me, it's quite famous (?) There's benches out the front and I recall something yellow going on with the sign.

wait. The Hill!

Unicron said:
Anyone see the front page of the Irish Times today with the guy from Kerry getting gouged in the eye by the Cork Full Forward?

Gaelic Football: A thugs game played by ignorant violent cunts.

Hurling's a different story though.

the victim of that assalut was seamus moynihan - the most skilful non aggressive football player you'll ever witness. proper gentleman. every sport has its denis irwins and its vinny joneses. that photo captures both sides. generalisations about ignorant violent cunts highlight your own ignorance more than anything.

brianoak said:
Culchie.I ride my bike most places.
'cept thru crowds of 50,000 people. you prefer to do tha sitting on a bus. clever. the whole culchie/dub distinction isnt valid. in bigger towns in ireland if you live outside the town you're a culchie and you're a townie if you live in an estate in the town. its bullshit. a lazy expression used by someone who obviously hasn't met enough people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back