Culchie fuckfest (2 Viewers)

yeah I agree with you about that. On a theoretical level.

How AND ever, if you're in bed trying to sleep your hangover off and 34 people are eating perki chick on your front steps, leaving the remains in your front garden and trying to park at the side of your house, even though you put chairs out becuase you were having visitors yourself and needed the parking space, which was rightfully yours, and they moved those chairs, and you had to get out of bed all panda eyed and stinking of booze to ask them to kindly refrain from parking there, and then have to get into a debate with them, and this happened week after week - you'd get a bit fed up too. So the residents of Drumcondra do have some issues with Croke Park, and that's fair enough too.

Donkey OJ said:
not that that addresses your issues with access around croke park on match days. but they're as entitled to be there as you are. .

To be fair, if you live in Drumcondra, you have only yourself to blame.

Alternatively: Where's your sense of patriotism?! De GAA is a venerable institution, a bastion, nay, a bulwark against the encroaching southsider rugby-playing jackeen west-brit DART-Accented SCUM. You should consider yourself lucky to be in the presence of 30,000 roaring sons (and daughters, the local Camogie teams were there, skorts and all, I'm sure) of OIRELAND, ramming salmonella-ridden BORGERS down their greedy throats, proclaiming that their team (whoever it is) is "DE BESHT". Hands on their swelling hearts (separated only by a smithwicks-stained county jersey) and standing ramrod-straight when the national anthem comes on, just like they do in the Final Fence of a Saturday night.

I don't live there any more. Ha ha! Two and a half years of it was enough for me. I now live in the 'batter, where Sundays are spent by the locals in various ways - falling out of the Glimmer Man from 11am, singing drunkenly in the streets and abusing our recently arrived immigrant brethren.

ICUH8N said:
To be fair, if you live in Drumcondra, you have only yourself to blame.

Alternatively: Where's your sense of patriotism?! De GAA is a venerable institution, a bastion, nay, a bulwark against the encroaching southsider rugby-playing jackeen west-brit DART-Accented SCUM. You should consider yourself lucky to be in the presence of 30,000 roaring sons (and daughters, the local Camogie teams were there, skorts and all, I'm sure) of OIRELAND, ramming salmonella-ridden BORGERS down their greedy throats, proclaiming that their team (whoever it is) is "DE BESHT". Hands on their swelling hearts (separated only by a smithwicks-stained county jersey) and standing ramrod-straight when the national anthem comes on, just like they do in the Final Fence of a Saturday night.

kirstie said:
I don't live there any more. Ha ha! Two and a half years of it was enough for me. I now live in the 'batter, where Sundays are spent by the locals in various ways - falling out of the Glimmer Man from 11am, singing drunkenly in the streets and abusing our recently arrived immigrant brethren.

The Glimmer man is deadly. .|..|

it's a fucking filthy kip with frightening people for customers and UV lights in the jacks.

Walsh's is your only boozer worth mentioning in the 'Batter.

ICUH8N said:
The Glimmer man is deadly. .|..|

Ciaran Mackle said:
You all think you have it bad, try living in the North. Fucking gaelic twats everywhere. Especially here in Armagh. Fucking scumbags!

ian_p.jpg

ah luxury king. We just live across de roat from it like.
Lefty Frizzell said:
walshes is a nice pub. had a few lagers and a packet of king luxury in there only last week.

kirstie said:
ah luxury king. We just live across de roat from it like.
I was ready to move into a house on carnew street last year but had to cancel it at the last minute. Was lookin forward to having walshes as my new local. Prussia Street is a great name for a street too.

a thread for discussion of the value of GAA to our culture descends into a virtual pub crawl. frankly, i'm disgusted.

whats the name of that pub in stoneybatter that does have the mad trad?

The Belfry possibly. Horrid clientele. Last time I walked past there of an afternoon some beer bellied locals were shouting dogs abuse at some poor black guy who was just going about his business. It was fucking sickening.
Donkey OJ said:
a thread for discussion of the value of GAA to our culture descends into a virtual pub crawl. frankly, i'm disgusted.

whats the name of that pub in stoneybatter that does have the mad trad?

ahhhh prussia St, great days

I also lived on Nth Gt George's St for a good few years. Didn't mind the GAA so much, but I fucking hated these...
B0000BYRN4.01-A12J7Z25BKBAUQ._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

And absolutely DETESTED the PPRRIICCKK that would help you park you car, take money then fuck off. Felt very sorry for people up to see a match who had paid some SCUMBAG to mind their car only to have it broken into. Saw that a few times.

(i think i just broke my keyboard typing that, jesus I hated that bastard)

thats the one. is there any particular nights its on or is it potential trad-o-rama every night?

i'm coming off like som gaaaaah lovin trad sangidge maniac amnt i?

i went into a barbers once with a luke kelly album cover and said. "i want hair like him". true story.

luke kelly was the trad jennifer aniston

I like the 'batter, despite the majority of the locals. It's villagey but near town and has Lots Of Basic Services.

Though Stan Bowles has a had a load of hassle with his car, it's been keyed and a windscreen wiper was snapped off when he went out this morning. The council refuse to give us a parking permit for some inexplicable reason, so he has to leave it on the one road in Arbour Hill which is free parking.

Lefty Frizzell said:
I was ready to move into a house on carnew street last year but had to cancel it at the last minute. Was lookin forward to having walshes as my new local. Prussia Street is a great name for a street too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back