critical mass (1 Viewer)

brianoak said:
Thats what happened last one I was on.Turned into an anti war demo.....

the last one i was on (i've been away for the last two, i think), there were a few people there who thought it WAS an antiwar demo, and another who was calling it reclaim the streets. i like critical mass being a single-issue thing, politically - while i'm involved in and supportive of activism on a bunch of issues, i think the suckitude/mortal danger of cycling in dublin needs to stand alone and gets diluted when there's more thrown in.

there's a ton of bike commuters along the grand canal (from about hx as far as mount street) every morning and it would be a great place to flyer. i imagine they have as shitty a time of cycling in the city as anyone posting here and i've wondered a lot if they'd feel like doing something about it.

i'm not really free to flyer at the moment (i am one of the swarm of commuters) but i'd do it early one day if someone else fancied joining me, or would try it on my own after august.

jimbobjones said:
nice one Gary that should be abit of craic alright. me and Ciaran are doing a bike zine display for it as far as i know...

Unfortunately,I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it along. I'd love to go and see what it's all about.
Brian,absolutely,people who buy cheap bikes for those reasons need a lesson in common sense.

jaysus Gary. pretty swift with the reply there!

I haven't seen any here yet. I'll get cormac to start one up. then I'll go down and watch the PSNI knock the crap out of him!

Its all about getting the word out. I was at a few in dublin during my time there. they were always well attended back then (4-5 years ago now).

getting good weather on the last friday of the month always helped too.

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=40118

I went to most of them when I lived in town in dublin,but not anymore,the numbers were dwindling and I couldn't be bothered riding into town to find not enough people showed up. It seems crazy considering the number of cyclists here and how dangerous it can be.
I never thought there were nearly enough bikes in belfast. Certainly not enough for critical mass,but I'm sure I heard of one at least,after I left. It could have been part of mayday or something though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back