Crisp and cheese sandwiches (1 Viewer)

Oh and also, I do intend to quit smoking, not that its relevant. I'm trying to feel better overall, but I'm not for taking on every change I intend to make for myself in one go. Veganism is something I kind of give a crap about so it trumps. If I quit smoking now, I'd end up falling completely off the wagon and have a breakdown and fail everything.

I don't think you should say things like "If you're a vegan why do you smoke?" because most people have a list of vices they want to tackle, and pointing out the ones they're not doing while they're trying hard to tackle them one at a time is like going YOU'RE ALRIGHT BUT ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

ETC.

Switching from veg to vegan wasn't that hard for me really, I never felt like I had to give up meat because I never really ate it. I also kinda found that I cooked vegan most of the time, so its more snacking and eating out, which has been surprisingly easy. Its more consciously eating healthy that I'm finding a bit of a shift.

Also, me mentioning losing tobacco has stirred a debate about smoking which I didn't intend. Its not linked to my veganism other than I can't use filters and have to try and get organic tobacco. Also I don't really consider smoking in anyway opposed to my "moral integrity".

I phrased my question poorly and made assumptions.
I assumed anyone quitting meat and dairy was doing so as a moral choice. But it's probably a health one too, now I think about it.
Whereas quitting smoking was just a health one. Could be missing something there too though.

Oh and also, I do intend to quit smoking, not that its relevant. I'm trying to feel better overall, but I'm not for taking on every change I intend to make for myself in one go. Veganism is something I kind of give a crap about so it trumps. If I quit smoking now, I'd end up falling completely off the wagon and have a breakdown and fail everything.

I don't think you should say things like "If you're a vegan why do you smoke?" because most people have a list of vices they want to tackle, and pointing out the ones they're not doing while they're trying hard to tackle them one at a time is like going YOU'RE ALRIGHT BUT ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

ETC.

There was no judgement intended, just curiosity over why one and not the other. Probably because I do the opposite :)
Pretty much everyone has something they wish they didn't do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back