crass (1 Viewer)

Which and why?

• Total voters
0346.jpg

Side 1 of Stations of the Crass is up there on a par with Increase the pressure by Conflict as one of the greatest side 1's in Punk history.........

feeding of the 5000 cause of seteve ignorants lyrics and the bass lines.
heard a live Conflict album a while ago which was fuckin deadl, dont know what it was called though............ho hum

Fact: I know a guy who used to live with and manage conflict. He was a dapper Del Boy type at the time so he'd get them gigs and shit. He said they were manky bastards.

It's Time to See Who's Who used to be one of my favourite records. Haven't heard it in years.

There is 2 diff versions of that their debut album.
One was a remixe/mastered version released about 10 years ago.
Great album yes.

Yeah I know the 1996 version- It's Time to See Who's Who Now.
What's that song that gives out about McDonalds loads?

I think I'll get a tattoo of the crass logo. Jakko gimme your guys number...

creepy, i've no idea who all youse people here are in da real life. why dont we all start wearing some sort of badges with nicks and start speaking in urls?

and i've no idea who i've been showing my tattoos either

but it was some old guy in Gothenburg, punx recommended that place and so

everything about crass was totally inspiring. utterly amazing artwork on the records. "shaved women" is one of my favourite pieces of music ever. the lyrics were by annie anxiety, who released a 7" on crass records called "barbed wire halo" which is absolutely incredible and totally ahead of its time.

The Feeding of the 5000 is their best album, followed by Penis Envy. Much of the rest of their stuff is drivel and they were generally far too crustie friendly an act for my taste. As for Conflict, the word arseholes springs to mind.

That said anyone who doesn't like Banned from the Roxy, one of the most ridiculous songs ever, has something wrong with them.

I went for Stations. It was the only album I had by them for years (besides Bloody Revolutions taped off the radio).
These days I reckon Feeding is way better but I'm sticking with Stations for sentimental reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back