Country music (2 Viewers)

Nice cover of a Michael Hurley song

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bringing it all back home

You see some beasts playing clean country Telecaster tones on TG4's Glór Tíre. Effortlessly breaking out face melting solos in the background.

This is just great. I've been listening to her live and solo stuff over the last few years but this album with a full band, backing vocals, and big production is just amazing

Right, but the proudly white rural American experience is not one I would be drawn to in this day and age.

I find that a very odd take. The contemporary american country musicians I listen to all appear to be decent people, far from the right wing Christian stereotype

I find that a very odd take. The contemporary american country musicians I listen to all appear to be decent people, far from the right wing Christian stereotype
I am sure you’re right, but all told it is still the most right wing, reactionary, conservative mainstream music genre by some distance.

Modern crossover country stars are all camp as christmas lefty types.

Also traditional ones are too to a fair extent.

But I'm not denying pickup truck christian country is the chewing material of american radio or anything though.

Black metal surely is more extreme? Far right politics and all that. (and yea I know #notallblackmetallers, etc etc)

Anyway, nice to see in this video that the musicians aren't just standing around looking bored, phoning it in in a studio. And the music is all the better for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back