Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (14 Viewers)

I know we're not actually going into lockdown, but holy fuck the thought of another one is pretty chilling for me
The updated firmware for the vaccine chips has finished testing now, and is ready to get flashed to onto hardware. That shit's not gonna happen with you lot gadding about the place, it's a total nightmare getting it done even when you're all confined next to our 5G masts, there are limits to what we can do.

Funny, lockdown came up in general conversation tonight, and how it affected us all. Neighbour (in a shared house) said it was hell. He lived with pricks. Still does, but now he can leave the house. Lockdown didn't help my personal life, though I wouldn't say it was the reason for the shittiest shit.

But it just popped up in conversation, with a few different people, in unconnected ways. Odd how it seems to be on people's minds again.

Covid trended right into me last week anyway. I had an out of date antigen test that nearly burst into flames with the enthusiasm to report a positive result. Plenty of people in the people I know and know of coming down with it or a 'summer cold' all over the office as my sister called it.

Covid trended right into me last week anyway. I had an out of date antigen test that nearly burst into flames with the enthusiasm to report a positive result. Plenty of people in the people I know and know of coming down with it or a 'summer cold' all over the office as my sister called it.
I hope it’s not hitting you as hard as it hit that antigen test.

all the more reason why people should work from home

'Calling them out online' has correlated directly with increases in pretty much everything that got called out online. Community engagement or STFU.

You should write to the lady who's suing them and say just that.

You should write to the lady who's suing them and say just that.

It was the outrage economy that gave that one the national platform in the first place. Everyone had to have a comment, a rage share, a whatever. If everyone had ignored her she'd never been a household name.

It was the outrage economy that gave that one the national platform in the first place. Everyone had to have a comment, a rage share, a whatever. If everyone had ignored her she'd never been a household name.

I agree the Indo should never have employed her.

I agree the Indo should never have employed her.

Contrarian clickbait is great for business, all you need is outraged people to share it and you've got great stats to bring to the advertisers. If people don't rage share constantly though the employment arrangement wouldn't last so long.

Contrarian clickbait is great for business, all you need is outraged people to share it and you've got great stats to bring to the advertisers. If people don't rage share constantly though the employment arrangement wouldn't last so long.

They still sacked her ten years ago. Maybe you should write to them too.

They still sacked her ten years ago. Maybe you should write to them too.

So the ten years following that her national platform was maintained by the outrage economy. I didn't mention the paper other than you bringing it up. As i said, there is basically minus proof at this point that calling shit out online does anything other than expand the user base of shitty opinions. Community engagement or STFU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back