Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (23 Viewers)

Girlfriend is laid up with another dose. It took a few days of testing to show positive.

I'm feeling a little under the weather today but hopefully it won't come on til next weekend so I can get out of a commitment

it's a fucker. it's about five weeks since i had what i thought was possibly covid, and the doc reckons i still have a lingering chest infection.
still dealing with some possibly post-covid shit - daily tinnitus and headaches etc. - doc reckoned my blood pressure was high (which can cause tinnitus, i've since learned) and said to keep an eye on it. i borrowed a blood pressure monitor from my folks and it's the worst possible thing i could have done for my blood pressure.
it went from well above the 'seek medical attention *right* now' level to a reading of 'that's too high' in the space of five minutes - and the second reading was after i got the jolt of adrenaline from the first. will call into the pharmacy in the morning to ask them to do it.

Whole family - 13 of us - heading off to vilamoura on Wednesday for a few days, my parent's 50th wedding anniversary celebrations. My wife just tested positive.

When did she get symptoms? The current advisory is 5 days from onset so far as i can see.

In wildly coicidential news I'm supposed to fly to Faro early thursday morning but have been off with a 'cold' for a few days. On reading this post i did a positive test.

I seem to have got it late wednesday and the timeline might get me clear by then.

Current HSE advice, basically if you still have stronger symptoms on day 5 you still need to give it another 48 hours

How long you should stay at home​

Stay at home from the date you first had symptoms.

You can leave home after 5 days if:

• your symptoms have fully or mostly gone for the last 48 hours
It's OK to leave home after 5 days if you still have a mild cough or changes to your sense of smell. These can last for weeks after the infection has gone.

Avoid meeting people at very high risk​

Avoid meeting people who are at very high risk for 10 days. This starts from the day you first had symptoms.

This is because you may still be infectious for up to 10 days.

When did she get symptoms? The current advisory is 5 days from onset so far as i can see.

In wildly coicidential news I'm supposed to fly to Faro early thursday morning but have been off with a 'cold' for a few days. On reading this post i did a positive test.

I seem to have got it late wednesday and the timeline might get me clear by then.
Probably on Friday. Sore throat that lasted six or eight hours. Weirdly, I had a sore throat that lasted about four hours on Friday too, but we'd not been anywhere together since Sunday that would explain us both getting exposed at the same time. We each had trips to different GPs during the week though.

Anyway, she was a little tired yesterday but no symptoms, and woke up this morning a little snotty.

The line appeared on her test this morning within 5 seconds.

Probably on Friday. Sore throat that lasted six or eight hours. Weirdly, I had a sore throat that lasted about four hours on Friday too, but we'd not been anywhere together since Sunday that would explain us both getting exposed at the same time. We each had trips to different GPs during the week though.

Anyway, she was a little tired yesterday but no symptoms, and woke up this morning a little snotty.

The line appeared on her test this morning within 5 seconds.

Mines been more sinus - i thought i'd sinus infection because it was all that region for the first day or two. I've a bit of comorbitidy so it's always tricky to tell where one starts and the other ends. Temperature is definitley off kilter now and while sinus is receding i still sorta feel like i'm wearing a human suit or somethign

daily tinnitus
I've always had a bit of a ringing in my ears from lots of loud gigs in the past. Using earplugs since around 07 managed it fairly well. But one of my ears is gone mental in the last year. Absolutely ringing all the time. It may be Covid related. I never even considered that. I've been to one loud gig since 2019 and I had the problem before that I think. FU Covid.

Mines been more sinus - i thought i'd sinus infection because it was all that region for the first day or two. I've a bit of comorbitidy so it's always tricky to tell where one starts and the other ends. Temperature is definitley off kilter now and while sinus is receding i still sorta feel like i'm wearing a human suit or somethign
getting worse or better?

I've always had a bit of a ringing in my ears from lots of loud gigs in the past. Using earplugs since around 07 managed it fairly well. But one of my ears is gone mental in the last year. Absolutely ringing all the time. It may be Covid related. I never even considered that. I've been to one loud gig since 2019 and I had the problem before that I think. FU Covid.
Paul Simon has gone totally deaf in one ear, think it's been blamed on covid

getting worse or better?

Sorry I missed your other message and then spotted it at like 4am last night and then thought it'd be too weird to be draughting up responses then.

It's my 2nd, potentionally 3rd lap of Covid.

My timeline was that wether i had it or not up until last wednesday, it really didn't manifest, but when it did, I went wild.

I was pretty much bedbound with fevers for around 48 hours and then started to come back to earth - I can still feel sinus pressure but my test lines are fading - back into society tomorrow by the looks of things.

How's she getting on?

Stuffed head and coughing, wiped out energy wise. She's not tested yet today but looks like she'll miss the trip to Portugal.

We still haven't squared away whether us both having sore throats on Friday afternoon was a red herring or whether it was the start of her covid; as mentioned, it would have been some coincidence for us to both show symptoms the same day. And if that was covid, it went away the next day but returned on Sunday morning for her.

Would be worth getting checked out, one of the first questions I was asked was it one or both ears. Apparently if it's one ear (albeit without a known cause, but you have that covered) they take it more seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back