Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (1 Viewer)

speaking about Southampton legends.... Matt Le Tissier is obsessed with anti vaccination stuff. all the injustice in the world and this is exclusively what he gets upset about?
when asked about BLM on TV last year Le Tiss said only that as he was white he hadn't experienced racism and had nothing further to contribute.
really disappointing

While I can understand a guy who talks for a living not wanting to put his foot in it by talking about something he doesn't understand, I find it hard to believe that someone with a surname like that not getting a bit of shit from the stands over the years.

Anyway, sorry, much fatigue here. I went to the pub on Tues and just felt uncomfortable, the only people there were the hardcore regulars and a few of the ashen faced old-before-their-time guys that sometimes come in. They tend to be ambiguous about vaccines, caused by a lifetime of random substance abuse. Really they should just put vaccines in the skunk and ket.

While I can understand a guy who talks for a living not wanting to put his foot in it by talking about something he doesn't understand, I find it hard to believe that someone with a surname like that not getting a bit of shit from the stands over the years.

Anyway, sorry, much fatigue here. I went to the pub on Tues and just felt uncomfortable, the only people there were the hardcore regulars and a few of the ashen faced old-before-their-time guys that sometimes come in. They tend to be ambiguous about vaccines, caused by a lifetime of random substance abuse. Really they should just put vaccines in the skunk and ket.
As far as Matt Le Tissier goes I should correct what he said to be fair:
He said as he wasn't black he had no experience of that.
I thought after playing with black players for years he might be more knowledgeable and want to be more supportive.
I was a big fan so the last 18 months did him no favours.

sorry to digress the thread but seanc made another good point:
In the 80s I remember UK/English born players like Le Tissier, John Lukic, Imre Varadi and Marco Gabbiadini having their English credentials questioned in interviews and that attitude didn't just disappear overnight.
same with Cascarino here

Looking at the optimistic news re omicron.

The best case scenario seems to be that there is a 75% less chance of hospitalisation if you catch it. I've seen news from Scotland that it's in the 40-45% range but lets use the best case figures.

If our pre-Omicron case rate was approx 4k. Does the information above suggest that if an individual gets omicron they're far less likely to be hospitalised, but if due to its transmissiblity we hit 16K cases a day (and they're saying it could reach 20k) the same number of people will go to hospital?

The best case scenario seems to be that there is a 75% less chance of hospitalisation if you catch it. I've seen news from Scotland that it's in the 40-45% range but lets use the best case figures.

If our pre-Omicron case rate was approx 4k. Does the information above suggest that an individual gets omicron they're far less likely to be hospitalised, but if due to it's transmissiblity if we hit 16K cases a day (and they're saying it could reach 20k) the same number of people will go to hospital?
I think so.

I’d be more worried about more infections = more chance of mutations/variants but I hope I’m wrong on that.

Got my 4th shot (In your face israel!)

The doctors were wondering what was going on ( A couple of months ago I had gotten the 3rd shot because I'm over 50 and immuno-compromised) and decided if I wanted it then that's on me.

So I guess I'm either super human of going to be really ill shortly

If our pre-Omicron case rate was approx 4k. Does the information above suggest that if an individual gets omicron they're far less likely to be hospitalised, but if due to its transmissiblity we hit 16K cases a day (and they're saying it could reach 20k) the same number of people will go to hospital?

UTM* has been really hyped about Omicron because he's waiting for it to evolve like the spanish flu did, to the point that a less dangerous but faster spreading variant wiped out the bad one, sorta de-pandemicing itself.

*currently in Uganda.

I’d be more worried about more infections = more chance of mutations/variants but I hope I’m wrong on that.
I was reading yesterday that there's a thinking that Omicron most likely mutated in someone with a compromised immune system (like a HIV carrier, as there is relatively a lot in South Africa) whose body couldn't fight the virus, giving it ideal mutation conditions. Or something.

UTM* has been really hyped about Omicron because he's waiting for it to evolve like the spanish flu did, to the point that a less dangerous but faster spreading variant wiped out the bad one, sorta de-pandemicing itself.

*currently in Uganda.
Well this hasn't been cancelled yet, somehow

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ruh-roh

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

(still needs to be de-duped apparently, which will take only a few % off - and the postivity rate is way higher than is ideal, suggests they're missing loads)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back