Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (10 Viewers)

how many mass vaccination centres are in Dublin? why not just have a few dozen smaller centres?
they're kinda effectively doing this with GPs and pharmacies i guess.
a mate of mine got his jab yesterday in his GP, just before a few of us caught up on a zoom call. i asked which one he'd been given; 'oh, i never thought to ask now that you mention it'

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i wonder are antigen tests doing this because they're inaccurate, or because they're deliberately designed to err on the side of caution?

Another musician friend away wild on the conspiracy shit.

I preferred when they just took drugs and were annpying sometimes
A friend of mine was saying to me recently that he’s noticed an increasing number of ageing stoner musicians posting conspiracy theory bollocks on his timelines.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i wonder are antigen tests doing this because they're inaccurate, or because they're deliberately designed to err on the side of caution?

Paywalled for me, but, you can read that and tell me:

I'm not reading either BUT

my science friend has beaten into me

Antigen picks up NO SYMPTOMS covid
PCR picks up SYMPTOMS covid

Fucking bet i have that arseways
No, it’s antigen tests measure proteins and PCRs measure RNA (a relative of DNA).

Antigen tests can only measure protein (i.e. the outer shell of the virus or the components inside it) present in the swab so can easily have too low of a concentration to cause a reaction on the test (binding of the protein to an antibody, which in turn binds to a second antibody to cause a colour-change reaction - giving you a line).

PCRs measure RNA in a completely different way. RNA is the viral version of DNA (we have RNA too but that’s unrelated to this post) and PCR can detect tiny amounts by boosting the signal by creating copies of the RNA being probed - so it’s less limited than measuring a protein which can’t be easily boosted.

So typically an antigen test is negative and followed by a positive PCR because although the protein levels are below the limit of detection, RNA levels are not as these can be detected at a much lower level. For an antigen test to be positive and the PCR to be negative is more unusual but is only improbable - not impossible. It could be a genuine false positive on the antigen test or it could be a timeline issue - you took the antigen test at a point when there was protein still in your system but your PCR was done at a time when you were over it.

How this relates to symptomatic or asymptomatic is debatable. I would be very surprised if they were related at all as both techniques measure how much virus is in your system, not how you are responding to it.

Ex Footballer Ricky Lambert is all in on the mad shit on his instagram.
speaking about Southampton legends.... Matt Le Tissier is obsessed with anti vaccination stuff. all the injustice in the world and this is exclusively what he gets upset about?
when asked about BLM on TV last year Le Tiss said only that as he was white he hadn't experienced racism and had nothing further to contribute.
really disappointing

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back