Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (13 Viewers)

One of my favourite musicians ranting on about first amendment rights and being a true rock and roller and no virus is going to stop his gigs and the fans right to assembly. Depressing.

Anyone else have scaldy covid knuckles from the handwashing?

I used to work in a factory clean room environment years ago and every time I sneezed I had to put alcohol hand sanitizer on my hands. They used to be in ribbons. The current virus is reminding me of that.

On a related clean room note, a girl I know that works in Pfizer also said that all the face masks were nicked from there last week

If you get sick you are unlikely to get seriously ill, and you would qualify for sick pay, not that that provides much comfort.

Unfortunately not.
Makes no sense really; having to get sick in order to make myself officially unable to work despite being healthy now and able to work but no work to do - not allowed to work. Madness I tells you!
Payday coming on Thursday.
Let’s see what happens

If your hands are drying out, moisturise them lads. It’s not rocket science
Moisturiser is not enough for me, I’ve been moisturising since before this all kicked off and my hands were fucked anyway. I’ve absolutely no barrier on my skin anymore, I keep getting static shocks because there is no oil on my skin to stop it generating a charge.

Anyone else have scaldy covid knuckles from the handwashing?
I have shit skin, and am out on bikes (either motor or not) for hours every day, and worked in kitchens for a fair bit so the constant washing and abuse was a thing. Nothing worked for me, including trips to the doctor to try to deal with the skin falling apart on anything that was exposed, until I started TANKING fish oil into me.

I'm talking say three-four of those gag inducing horse capsules, every day. In my mind I'm moisturizing my skin from the inside out, so you can't mess about with quantity. It doesn't kick in for a week or two, every now and again I'll "forget" (in the sense i hate the bastarding things) and I'll not notice any change for days. But it does seem to work for me.
I also use oil on my skin, also moisturizing cream but that almost does so little I don't bother. Oil does something, I can kind of proof up the skin before I get out onto the bike and blasted by the rain etc. Usually I'd use oil straight after getting out of the shower, you have to make sure your skin is clean before you do try to oil it.

Also, don't wash in scalding hot water. Tepid is as hot as I go, hot will tend to wash away any oil in your skin.

(edit - the oil I'd use would be almond oil / olive oil for my body, and something more fancy like Argon oil for my beautiful face if I have it. Olive oil is fine though in general. And you don't "end up smelling like a salad" as one person said when she caught me legging it out into the kitchen post shower. The smell of self satisfaction easily overpowers the salad smell.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back