Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (3 Viewers)

My 70 year old aunt is flying to London for Christmas. Her daughter has been calling a few times a day to make sure she doesn’t change her mind. Not a whole lot I can do about it, and my cousin has always been a cunt but this is just nuts.
I’ve asked her to stay home and said I’ll have Christmas with her and she won’t be alone but I know it’s not the same and isn’t going to work.

UK fights might be banned anywhooooo

I think the problem is tracking what the source is - it appears to be social and workplace driven (rather than schools) but I don't know if there's published numbers on any of this.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm just putting this out there, but if we were to do a tentative bombing of Iran, to see how that affects the numbers, would that really hurt?

I'm not talking nukes here. Just normal explosives.

It's an idea. I don't claim to have all the answers.

Aye well if you have a practical solution to flights into derry being any different to flights into london legally being the same thing at present, then I'd love to hear it, but you dont.
Anyway given that my point being that oh look it certainly was possible to stop flights as soon as there was a will to do so, then hey, if all of Europe had stopped flights for a month or two back in February/March, then the virus would have had nowhere near the same opportunity to take hold and potentially could have been contained, as it was in New Zealand.
If your argument is that it would make no difference if we stopped our flights because the UK was still allowing them, then aren't you just saying that we have to be fucking shit because the UK is fucking shit?

I think you've both not quite hit the nail on the there, but you've certainly come a lot closer than I have today. I've spent a lot of the day writing and deleting posts on that point.

I don't how this is enforceable without really pissing everyone off.

Also, everyone in the media here has decided that there is absolutely no connection between the Brexit, the Norn Iron border, the permit to enter Kent, and the Rona. All completely different things apparently. But what do I know, I'm merely an immigrant pleb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back