Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (1 Viewer)

I know a few people in tracking - it's down to behavoirs essentially. Like There will be some big social happening under the radar somewhere and everone who goes lies about thier tracking, doesn't log it etc etc. A few days later the cases show up but it might be one person removed from the attendees and its out of control before the trackers get a grip on the actual source. An example i heard was a christening pretty local to here, 16+ piled into a house, then into a rural bar for a lock in, the bar played along and put them down as three tables or whatever.. you get the idea. Basically the tracking works till the information supply breaks down..
Yes i don't believe that a good number people would be honest on the contact tracing if they got it doing something they shouldn't have

Yes i don't believe that a good number people would be honest on the contact tracing if they got it doing something they shouldn't have
Oh additionally, at times, up to 50% of people who get traced are showing up for testing. Depends on the centre etc but that was sorta the worst figure I heard. No shows are a constant though.

How contact tracing should work:

Person: I have been working and shopping only. Going fof walks but not stopping to talk to anyone.
I've had barely any contact

Contact tracer: what about this photo of you and 20 other people at a house that was posted on facebook 3 days ago at 11:27pm?

PArt of me thinks 'santa is exceptionally suceptible to the coronavirus and we all need to be very careful to protect him would have been a better line to follow than the immunity story

two of my sister's three kids have now had confirmed cases in their class/playgroup. the older lad (about 8) was not in the same pod/bubble as the case, so is not considered a close contact, but my niece is 3 and no bubbling is in place so my sister is expecting contact from the HSE about it.
what timing.

Walked down Camden Street to South Anne Street tonight then down to Nassau Street and round past Trinity.
Camden Street had big crowds outside some of the pubs around where Anseo is (although not actually outside Anseo, I'm not even sure if it had been open), crowds of people on the street so that I actually had to walk in the cycle lane on the road to get past.
South Anne Street was like a war zone, drunks everywhere with arms around each other singing the fields of athenry or up the dubs or etc etc. People pissing all over the street every 5 metres or so. Saw a girl pissing in a doorway on Nassau Street and her 2 mates just stood there laughing at her. All the rest of the pissers were guys, pissing on shops, 3 of them pissing at the Luas stop beside Trinity, piss everywhere.
Plenty of cops around, none of them doing a single thing, actually it looked like the cops were deliberately avoiding the areas on the street with the biggest crowds. Like they'd literally be standing on the next corner down doing fuck all.
The Covid numbers over the next 3 weeks should be great craic.

uck that's awful.

The police are not forceful where I am, but I don't think they'd allow that. Maybe the guards don't want to catch anything when there's all that tasty holiday season overtime coming up. And sadly, I couldn't blame them if they were thinking like that.

As I badly intimated earlier, where I live is now in a new and magical Tier 4. It doesn't really affect me so much, but somehow churches are allowed to stay open. There is apparently a new more transmittable version of the virus in London and the South East, so that does make sense to my non-scientific brain.

It's shit though, we're still trying to do our best to follow the rules, but I can see public confidence wearing thin. A mate was packing his bags to see his folks down the country when the rules changed. He'll probably never see his dad alive again.

uck that's awful.

The police are not forceful where I am, but I don't think they'd allow that. Maybe the guards don't want to catch anything when there's all that tasty holiday season overtime coming up. And sadly, I couldn't blame them if they were thinking like that.

As I badly intimated earlier, where I live is now in a new and magical Tier 4. It doesn't really affect me so much, but somehow churches are allowed to stay open. There is apparently a new more transmittable version of the virus in London and the South East, so that does make sense to my non-scientific brain.

It's shit though, we're still trying to do our best to follow the rules, but I can see public confidence wearing thin. A mate was packing his bags to see his folks down the country when the rules changed. He'll probably never see his dad alive again.
He should just arrange to meet his dad in church sure

I'm all for the gallows humour, but I have to work with this guy, so we'll see how much he's willing to joke about it come Monday. On the flipside, I get paid per day, so if he's not going down the country, I might get an extra days work. Or we all might die. I don't even know if I care anymore. Just keep me alive until I can figure out a way to bingewatch Mandalorian, because I've heard that's important.

Have read a comment that this new strain may not actually be all that extra contagious, that it may have just gotten lucky with a superspreader event. But I would assume such an event would become obvious in contact tracing?

My 70 year old aunt is flying to London for Christmas. Her daughter has been calling a few times a day to make sure she doesn’t change her mind. Not a whole lot I can do about it, and my cousin has always been a cunt but this is just nuts.
I’ve asked her to stay home and said I’ll have Christmas with her and she won’t be alone but I know it’s not the same and isn’t going to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back