Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

Maybe we could look at where the spread is happening and deal with the source rather than the current lockdowns that clearly aren't working.
I think the problem is tracking what the source is - it appears to be social and workplace driven (rather than schools) but I don't know if there's published numbers on any of this. Presumably an actual proper lockdown like we had in March would work and if we kept the lid on it until vaccinations were underway, we'd make some headway.

Never looked before, there are a few:

are they not the ones advised rather than mandatory? i've never heard of anything being mandatory in ireland, unless it's administered to babies at birth?
for some jobs, it is mandatory (healthcare workers), but my sister was taken out of the BCG vaccine in school because my parents knew she'd freak out about it, and they sprung it on her by surprise a few weeks later; but i don't think there'd have been any follow-up if they hadn't.

B7AiLlOIAAAqEcK.jpg:large

Because schools are not a workplace
Fair point but I think the distinction is being made that schools are an entity in and of themselves versus offices, universities (which have lots of non-teaching departments and areas), shops, etc. Like, I don't think hospitals are counted in the same way even though they're workplaces too - but the majority of staff are healthcare. I'm not entirely sure though so open to correction.

I think the problem is tracking what the source is - it appears to be social and workplace driven (rather than schools) but I don't know if there's published numbers on any of this. Presumably an actual proper lockdown like we had in March would work and if we kept the lid on it until vaccinations were underway, we'd make some headway.

Yeah that's my point they need to figure out how to track where the source is and deal with that source otherwise we're going round in circles.

Purely anecdotal but anyone (that I actually know) that's caught it in the last few months has all been from schools. How it's getting into the schools I don't know though.

Yeah that's my point they need to figure out how to track where the source is and deal with that source otherwise we're going round in circles.
I know a few people in tracking - it's down to behavoirs essentially. Like There will be some big social happening under the radar somewhere and everone who goes lies about thier tracking, doesn't log it etc etc. A few days later the cases show up but it might be one person removed from the attendees and its out of control before the trackers get a grip on the actual source. An example i heard was a christening pretty local to here, 16+ piled into a house, then into a rural bar for a lock in, the bar played along and put them down as three tables or whatever.. you get the idea. Basically the tracking works till the information supply breaks down..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back