Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (13 Viewers)

People are going to still live in cities lads. I'm not pushing broom sticks down poo pipes like you sickos.

You are missing out, really.

I'm more saying that the aspiration to move the big smoke, or to move up the ladder in the big smoke is reduced for the next few years - so like all the other things virus or none, the changes are in motion.

But seriously call out some day and you can have a go at the broom of doom.

so will an extra week for mid term break become an extra month, and sure they're winding down for christmas now anyway....
*none* of the education partners appear to have been consulted, it looks like the Department are flailing blindly again.

I'd say it's 50/50 that schools will stay closed, which from an overall perspective I'm ok with, if it has to happen. But I'm almost certain the Department will have done nothing to prepare a proper home learning plan, and will just tell the schools to deal with it.

Also, this has to be a tacit admission that in fact, school children are dirty little feckers who spread this shit like wildfire. Makes me all the more angry that a half return wasn't attempted, we'd have a system in place that could keep the schools open.

And, in fairness, my kids did ok through lockdown, but it's been a joy to see how happy they've been to return. I'll be devastated for them if that's taken away, when it didn't need to be...

I was only thinking yesterday, is there any public data on the impact of schools reopening in terms of numbers?

I assume that colleges have had an impact. Anecdotally my GF works in a college library and the students she's been dealing with have been needing handholding to explain and keep to the procedures they have in place. And she hasn't even had to deal with the issue of them going out and riding each other.

we go live now to microsoft for the reaction:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was only thinking yesterday, is there any public data on the impact of schools reopening in terms of numbers?

I assume that colleges have had an impact. Anecdotally my GF works in a college library and the students she's been dealing with have been needing handholding to explain and keep to the procedures they have in place. And she hasn't even had to deal with the issue of them going out and riding each other.

I was really surprised to find out recently how much face-to-face activities are actually going on in some of the Colleges and Universities because where I work (TU Dublin) there is virtually none .... or at least the only stuff that is not online is stuff that absolutely has to be done in person.

I was really surprised to find out recently how much face-to-face activities are actually going on in some of the Colleges and Universities because where I work (TU Dublin) there is virtually none .... or at least the only stuff that is not online is stuff that absolutely has to be done in person.

Well the issues in her library are falling into 2 main areas. If you want books you have to order them online and arrange a time for click and collect. But many students are just showing up whenever and effectively saying "uhh can I have some books please/can I go and get some books" or if they want to use the library as a study space they again have to book for it, and are assigned a specific location so that contact tracing can be done if needed, but they're often initially sitting wherever they like and also just turning up looking for a space.

Well the issues in her library are falling into 2 main areas. If you want books you have to order them online and arrange a time for click and collect. But many students are just showing up whenever and effectively saying "uhh can I have some books please/can I go and get some books" or if they want to use the library as a study space they again have to book for it, and are assigned a specific location so that contact tracing can be done if needed, but they're often initially sitting wherever they like and also just turning up looking for a space.
It's almost like they expect to get some services in return for paying fees or some nonsense isn't it

It's almost like they expect to get some services in return for paying fees or some nonsense isn't it

It's almost as if the staff are doing their best to provide services in very difficult circumstances and people aren't paying attention to the way those services now need to be accessed.

*none* of the education partners appear to have been consulted, it looks like the Department are flailing blindly again.

I'd say it's 50/50 that schools will stay closed, which from an overall perspective I'm ok with, if it has to happen. But I'm almost certain the Department will have done nothing to prepare a proper home learning plan, and will just tell the schools to deal with it.

Also, this has to be a tacit admission that in fact, school children are dirty little feckers who spread this shit like wildfire. Makes me all the more angry that a half return wasn't attempted, we'd have a system in place that could keep the schools open.

And, in fairness, my kids did ok through lockdown, but it's been a joy to see how happy they've been to return. I'll be devastated for them if that's taken away, when it didn't need to be...

+1 on this too.

One of the parents asked the principal of our kids' school was there any word what was happening. She seems to think that they're going to wait until the last minute to announce school closures, that way people have less time to complain, but it's all conjecture at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back