Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (12 Viewers)

I've relocated to the Baltics for the next couple of months. The countries out here will be on the 'green list', once its announced, and I can whole-heartedly recommend it for a holiday.

Its nice that all the covid shit is not so in-your-face as it is in Ireland. It never really got a hold here at all. It helps that their nature is to socially distance anyway. They don't have pubs and tend to be very outdoorsy. The 2m stickers are up everywhere and you'll find hand sanitizer at the entrance to all the shops, but its pretty much business-as-usual besides that.

Flying was a bit odd, but not at all stressful. No quarantine needed here but we're gonna stay away from the old folk for a week, just in case. A form needed to be filled out on landing, but passport control didn't give a shite once your weren't british or swedish.

I refused that invite in the end and the comments in this thread are a good summary of why.

I dind't refuse yet but I'm allowed see the horror for about another week before I either opt in or out.

I kinda think of it like weatherwatching or something, getting a guage on the level of stupid/crazy we are looking at here. I genuinely is a bit taxing to look at though and i'm out pretty soon (work holiday in 5 days, current affairs can get fucked).

I dind't refuse yet but I'm allowed see the horror for about another week before I either opt in or out.

I kinda think of it like weatherwatching or something, getting a guage on the level of stupid/crazy we are looking at here. I genuinely is a bit taxing to look at though and i'm out pretty soon (work holiday in 5 days, current affairs can get fucked).

Yeah I did the watching for a while too but realised it's the same shite I've seen elsewhere already so nothing new to see. They should all buy some drugs and get over themselves.

I've relocated to the Baltics for the next couple of months. The countries out here will be on the 'green list', once its announced, and I can whole-heartedly recommend it for a holiday.

Its nice that all the covid shit is not so in-your-face as it is in Ireland. It never really got a hold here at all. It helps that their nature is to socially distance anyway. They don't have pubs and tend to be very outdoorsy. The 2m stickers are up everywhere and you'll find hand sanitizer at the entrance to all the shops, but its pretty much business-as-usual besides that.

Flying was a bit odd, but not at all stressful. No quarantine needed here but we're gonna stay away from the old folk for a week, just in case. A form needed to be filled out on landing, but passport control didn't give a shite once your weren't british or swedish.

NO UNNECESSARY TRAVEL!!!

Haven't read it in years but...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I used to read it a lot circa 1990, but these days would only every pick it up in the airport when they have in an 2 for 1 with Empire. Always looked to have Kasabian on the cover.

Lot of journo's on twitter saying it had been great recently, so still sad to see it go.

fucks sake

I'm not going to read it now (because it is too closely related to my work and I'm off the clock) but Depts of Health and Transport today clarified that face shields are "face coverings" and therefore can be used wherever "face coverings" are required (flights, airports, public transport and shops etc), a major coup for all who have been campaigning for their use to avoid marginalising those who depend on lip and face reading for effective communication. I really want that article to be a bucket of shite.

Had to wear a mask in super valu.

2 hours later, my breathing is still really sore after wearing the mask.

(I do have pre-existing breathing issues so wearing a mask just made it worse)

Last edited:
Yeah I did the watching for a while too but realised it's the same shite I've seen elsewhere already so nothing new to see. They should all buy some drugs and get over themselves.

Still kinda want to start a thread about how we should take the whole conversation onto physical paper rather than support discussion without a hard currency.

I'm not going to though it'd be a headache.

Having existing breathing issues is the main exemption to wearing a mask

The conversation went

Guy: sorry, you can't come in without a mask. We are selling themhere
Me: I have a disability and breathing problem
Guy: I can't let anyone without a mask.

I went back to the office to get one of the masks there.

When checking out, I did ask also the person about things for people with disabilities and breathing issues. She had no idea either.

These are just doing the job as told, the issue is the stores management not being aware

The conversation went

Guy: sorry, you can't come in without a mask. We are selling themhere
Me: I have a disability and breathing problem
Guy: I can't let anyone without a mask.

I went back to the office to get one of the masks there.

When checking out, I did ask also the person about things for people with disabilities and breathing issues. She had no idea either.

These are just doing the job as told, the issue is the stores management not being aware

The lack of clarity about who is supposed to be enforcing and how is ridiculous.

A friend was commenting on how she saw nobody wearing a mask when shopping in a big supermarket earlier, one of her friends commented about how some random person shouted abuse at him for being a sheep and wearing one, and another of her friends commented that she'd been shouted at, in front of her young daughter, for not wearing a mask (her daughter was wearing one and the woman shouted at is heavily pregnant and already struggling to breathe because of her compressed diaphragm and the heat).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back