Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (6 Viewers)

Fintan O'Toole article today on schools reopening and the utter ineptitude of the Department is very sobering. I don't think there's a chance schools will reopen this September...

Gist: we're fucked. Basically that nothing has been done at all, no funding allocated etc.

We saw what happened in March and April in an analogous situation – privately-owned nursing homes were left to their own devices with lethal results. Are we about to do this again with schools?

Scariest of all is this simple sentence from Foley last week: “I am absolutely committed to the goal of reopening our primary and post-primary schools as normal at the end of the summer.” As normal – can there be two more dangerously deluded words? It is, literally, old-school thinking. We can’t send our children back into a world that has vanished. The Government seems to be leading us into a great national test without having done its homework. The results cannot be good.

I think putting a first time TD in charge of currently the most important portfolio is a shaming indictment of how much Ireland has neglected the education system.

It is so short sighted. We've constructed the whole place around 'smart economy' - what this means over the next 48 months is that tech companies will look at the financial horror that is unfolding and want to lay off a load of people to rehire new cheaper ones - i.e. cheap graduates. Either that or the fuck off somewhere that will supply them with cheap graduates. If I was big tech decision man i'd be looking at what the schools in ireland are going to turn out over the next decade, because that will be the steering of wether its worth staying here or upping sticks.

the new education minister looks like a character from the league of gentlemen. plus, i believe, she is interesting in tightening the rules around access to abortion. really just the sort of female politician who can make it in FF.

the new education minister looks like a character from the league of gentlemen. plus, i believe, she is interesting in tightening the rules around access to abortion. really just the sort of female politician who can make it in FF.

She's an anti-choicer and campaigned against the referendum. aka She's a cunt.

I went to my local Tesco Express last night and everyone was wearing a mask. That's the first time I've seen that happen there. Seems the message has gotten through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back