Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (1 Viewer)

Anyone else drinking a bit more at home?
Not much of a drinker anymore but even I’m more tempted out of boredom.

I have to say I can't be angry with teenagers. People who are giving out about them obviously have no idea what its like to grow up in a home where being there is not only harrowing but perhaps but your physical and mental safety at risk. You never know what's going on in their heads or home life, so give them a break.

In general, it's a massive privilege to have a safe and steady home. Those people out drinking in groups or hanging about may have some serious bother going on.

I know its not ideal, but really the focus on small pockets of people is annoying me - the majority of the country is doing its very best and seriously flattening the curve.

That said, if a teenager coughed on me they would probably get a box.

Yeah, the traffic has massively ramped up over the last week, and people walking around, including lots of over 70's.
We're still reporting similar numbers of deaths as to when the lockdown started, so I'm not sure why people think things have dramatically improved.

Saw a young filla spit on to the road in front of me as he cycled past. Was incandescant with rage and would have given him a box where it not for being a cowardly old shite and he had his mate with him

Watch the numbers in spain midweek this week. They had some relaxation of lockdown over the weekend and the cases will take a few days to surface. It'll be informant on what we hear around may 5th, or if we are getting the varadkar popup show on friday instead - though he might throw harris under the bus now that mary lou is back to haunt his every blunder.

As I've said before, this is essentially like my late 20s to early 30s except I'm outside way more than i was then, I'm not in huge amounts of pain most of the time and have the company of video people.

My primary concerns really are

I'd murder a pint.
People on social media clearly have lost touch with reality after only 4 weeks of unemplyoment and have gone full time circulating any shit they find online - this is a global event in ways comparable to a war and people with the best communications technology in documented history are losing their shit after a month.
Seeing the sea, and going in it.
The exact same worry everyone has about seeing their relatives again, which is a default for pretty much everyone.
Will I get the shift again.
If I can't buy woodglue and screws soon DIY will sorta slow down.

Psychologically I'm still not hyping myself for normal civil liberties till at least july.
I ordered a new book recommended by a nice lady.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back