Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (1 Viewer)

Right...

Enjoy your Mandelorians and your Tiger Kings while you can, we're toast
see this is where i continue to be at. I go through my daily grind of poxy work, have fun with the family, order a load of beer online. but when it comes down to it, i cant stop imagining that this is the end of humanity and we willl be looking back at this type of thread as a record of where it slowly dawned on us that we are all completely and helplessly fucked.

night thumped
xo

London

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well that's just stupid, obviously.

But I will say 99% of people are taking this shit seriously over here.

I'd have to guess that all the people in that video are key workers, I mean, no one actually lives in the areas pictured. So they must have been people taking a minute off work. Boris' hospital is at the other end of the bridge there. Still stupid though. In fact, maybe that makes it more stupid.

But the Thursday evening clapathon is actually a good thing. I was sceptical at first, but now it's the only way I know what day of the week it is, and that I know my neighbours are still alive.

I get the whole "Just clap, forget about the fact that we've tried to dismantle the NHS for years" idea. But that doesn't make the clapping bad in and of itself.

From my runs this week I've noticed a significant increase of people out and about doing whatever shit it is they are doing alright. Today was the first day in weeks that I had to kind of stop and wait to cross the road because of cars coming down both sides – and bear in mind this is a road that has an aldi and a lidl like 100 metres further on from where I'm crossing.
Definitely way more people walking in groups today too, seems a load of people don't give a fuck any more.

Well that's just stupid, obviously.

But I will say 99% of people are taking this shit seriously over here.

I'd have to guess that all the people in that video are key workers, I mean, no one actually lives in the areas pictured. So they must have been people taking a minute off work. Boris' hospital is at the other end of the bridge there. Still stupid though. In fact, maybe that makes it more stupid.

But the Thursday evening clapathon is actually a good thing. I was sceptical at first, but now it's the only way I know what day of the week it is, and that I know my neighbours are still alive.

I get the whole "Just clap, forget about the fact that we've tried to dismantle the NHS for years" idea. But that doesn't make the clapping bad in and of itself.
Yeah probably right. But if dummies see that, and there are plenty of dummies in London, they’ll think hey I can go to Westminster bridge and clap too.

Honestly I’ve seen way more people out on the streets and in parks over here in the last week. Obviously the savage weather has something to do with that, and I’m glad there’s bad weather forecast for next week.

I too like the clap for carers

I think there was a clap or two a few weeks ago, the landlord and landlady were the only two in the street to do it, I think. Add last weekend there was some kind of shine a light thing at 9pm. They had the garden full of candles.

Yeah probably right. But if dummies see that, and there are plenty of dummies in London, they’ll think hey I can go to Westminster bridge and clap too.

Honestly I’ve seen way more people out on the streets and in parks over here in the last week. Obviously the savage weather has something to do with that, and I’m glad there’s bad weather forecast for next week.

I too like the clap for carers

Fair point indeed, it's surprisingly hard to stay home and do nothing. I do see people getting slightly more lax with things, but still sort of making the effort. I find a dirty look goes a long way around here.
What gets me is how many times I hear police cars racing past the house. That hasn't seemed to lessen at all, either now, or 4 weeks ago, or in normal times. So there's still definitely stupid people doing stupid shit. But it's baffling to me. As in, where are these coppers going? What stupid pricks must they have to deal with?

I mean they don’t say it doesn’t either so the headline is misleading and confusing. They’re saying that the testing technology isn’t accurate enough to say either way and more work needs to be done to determine if it’s true. The context is about “immunity passports” something that WHO have always advised against. Here’s the context below. The BBC suck.

Fair point indeed, it's surprisingly hard to stay home and do nothing. I do see people getting slightly more lax with things, but still sort of making the effort. I find a dirty look goes a long way around here.
What gets me is how many times I hear police cars racing past the house. That hasn't seemed to lessen at all, either now, or 4 weeks ago, or in normal times. So there's still definitely stupid people doing stupid shit. But it's baffling to me. As in, where are these coppers going? What stupid pricks must they have to deal with?
Plenty of stupid pricks where I live. House parties last weekend, pissed people walking around in groups. They’re in the minority though, most people being respectful and sound

about 80 people around 20 years of age and younger on a street corner in Ballybough rght now bags of cans everywhere on the footpath and tunes blaring on a mobile speaker. mentioned to gardai about a km down the road and they said it was a wake so theyre not sure what to do. sounds like horseshit to me. they all look way too young to be drinking, not to mention illegally on the street and not a single fucking guideline followed

Last edited:
about 80 people around 20 years of age and younger on a street corner in Ballybough rght now bags of cans everywhere on the footpath and tunes blaring on a mobile speaker. mentioned to gardai about a km down the road and they said it was a wake so theyre not sure what to do. sounds like horseshit to me. they all look way too young to be drinking, not to mention illergally on the street and not a single fucking guideline followed

Holy fuck. American cops would be on that with choppers equipped with flamethrowers so fast.

Not the covid19 angle, they don't seem to give much of a fuck about that. But kids, boozing, outside?? They'd be calling in A-10 strafing runs.

Holy fuck. American cops would be on that with choppers equipped with flamethrowers so fast.

Not the covid19 angle, they don't seem to give much of a fuck about that. But kids, boozing, outside?? They'd be calling in A-10 strafing runs.

could be someone sensitive that died and it may suit the gardai better just to turn a blind eye.

like i did when i nearly drove over one of them earlier that flew onto the road in front of me to my right on a stupid scooter. he looked quite rattled and worried when i didnt flinch or brake or swerve. little bollox

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back