Cool animal thread. (6 Viewers)

20050923011905_20050926-mountain-lion-2.jpg

And don't forget a few of them Wild Horses.
Living the dream, so they are...

wilhorse.jpg

...travelling in packs...

Horse_Photos.jpg

...across the wide open plains...

BHwildhorsesanct.jpg

...galloping free with the wind in their... eh manes.

Beautiful%20Wild%20Horses.jpg

Finding love...

horses.jpg

Fighting their corner...

WildHorsesD001952.jpg

...raising a family.

wild-horses.jpg

I :heart: WILD HORSES

They are cool.

I HAD A PET RABBIT WHEN I WAS A KID. HIS NAME WAS BUCK ROGERS.
HE WAS SO COOL HE FROZE TO DEATH. SOLID. POOR OLD BUCK ROGERS.

MY COUSIN HAD A TERRAPIN. HE THOUGHT HE WAS COOL TILL HE TRIED TO WALK ACROSS A COOKER. WHICH WAS ON. STUCK TO THE ELEMENT AND BURNED TO DEATH.

ALLAHQUANDOLY YOURS

=OVH=

Attachments

• haha0xx.jpg
    haha0xx.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 21
speaking of horses...

SUDDENLY... JOHNNY ... gets the feeling, he's being surrounded by...

HORSES, HORSES, HORSES, HORSES

coming in in all directions..

WHITE
SHINING
SILVER
STUDS, with their nose, in flames,

He saw...
horses, horses, horses, horses, HORSES, HORSES, HORSES, HORSES...

:) :).|..| .|..| :heart: :heart: :heart: :confused: :mad: :D :D .|..| .|..| .|..| :D :D :mad: :) :mad: :confused: :heart:

Shine said:
we got great moths..
2195h80.jpg

and ants are well cool
and spiders
and bees

cows - yes - of course - and cows
My mate got deeeeeadly pictures of moths a few weeks ago. There was one of the above lads and loads of ones I never knew we has at all. There was one that looked exactly like a broken twig! It was amazing! And it wasn't a broken twig, right? I must get him to post on thumped...

Watch out though, there was an anti-moth thread there a while ago. Some people eh?

We saw a deer at the side of the road near Kiltiernan on Thursday, deer's are cool kinda like mooses who are cooler:cool:. Didn't have me camera with with me so no pictures I'm afraid. Here's a moose:

alaskan-moose.jpg

Check out those antlers.

frona said:
My mate got deeeeeadly pictures of moths a few weeks ago. There was one of the above lads and loads of ones I never knew we has at all. There was one that looked exactly like a broken twig! It was amazing! And it wasn't a broken twig, right? I must get him to post on thumped...

Watch out though, there was an anti-moth thread there a while ago. Some people eh?

Check out this moth...

wallpaper_big.1.1.jpg

From this months National Geographic... this speckled emperor moth in South Africa’s Mkuze Game Reserve diverts predators with an illusion. Patterns on its hind wings resemble a mammal’s face, complete with glinting "pupils." WOWSERS.

And check out this little dude...
wallpaper_big.2.2.jpg

A tenebrionid beetle faces downhill to help fog droplets roll toward its mouth. The insect may have evolved the behavior because rain is rare but fog abundant in coastal Namib Desert.

They're cool cos they evolutionised themselves so as to be surviving in adverse conditions.

CITY BABY said:

:D Fantastic.

"Security guard Greg West does not know what made Barney do it."

"Heads pulled off, arms, legs here and there, it was a total carnage really.".

"Either there was a rogue scent of some kind on Mabel which switched on Barney's deepest instincts, or it could have been jealousy - I was just stroking Mabel and saying what a nice little bear she was."

"The attraction said Barney's future with them was "uncertain"."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCAoI...opard attack

it's no secret that i *heart* big cats, particularly white ones/ones that love snow.

but check out this white tiger - who looks this way as a result of inbreeding (which actually causes the white coat gene).

WhiteTigerDeformed3.jpg

it's no secret that i *heart* big cats, particularly white ones/ones that love snow.

but check out this white tiger - who looks this way as a result of inbreeding (which actually causes the white coat gene).

WhiteTigerDeformed3.jpg

When I worked with Cablelink we had to go filming in Dublin Zoo where I got to hold a Tiger cub. It was asleep at the time but woke up and as it woke up in the arms of a stranger, it dug its claws into my arm a little until it realised all was ok. It hurt like a bastard but I figured if I screamed it would tear my face off!
Actually it was about two or three months old and it was a lot bigger than I thought a cub would be.

When I worked with Cablelink we had to go filming in Dublin Zoo where I got to hold a Tiger cub. It was asleep at the time but woke up and as it woke up in the arms of a stranger, it dug its claws into my arm a little until it realised all was ok. It hurt like a bastard but I figured if I screamed it would tear my face off!
Actually it was about two or three months old and it was a lot bigger than I thought a cub would be.

do you know what i would give to hold a tiger/any other of the big cat breed cub?
you are so lucky, even if it did dig its little claws into you. awwwww!

do you know what i would give to hold a tiger/any other of the big cat breed cub?
you are so lucky, even if it did dig its little claws into you. awwwww!

A tigers claws are never little, La La! Take it from me. Its a peculiar sensation to feel the claws retract out of your own flesh.

We then went to film the adult tigers and I was about 12 inches away from a tiger lying down in the grass with only chicken wire between me and the beasty!

Its head was enormous and I could smell the meat it had just eaten. I thought "if that chicken wire wasn't there, I'd be like Siegfried.......... or Roy. Whichever one got it in the neck."

Last year I went to the zoo with my friend Owen and his daughter Megan. We went to see the tigers and as I hadn't been there in a while, I was pleasantly surprised to see they had updated all of the enclosures. Instead of a fence, then a gap and a tall chicken wire fence they had long woodne fences with big sheets of perspex in them and the animals could come up so close that you would be only an inch away from them.

As we were approaching the tiger enclosure we couldn't see any of them at all. Then a tiger walked out from behind the wooden fence and passed the Perspex. It was so close that its fur was brushing the perspex.

I was about six feet away.

Something happens in your brain when there is a 9 foot long tiger 6 feet away.
You don't think "There's a tiger, but I am perfectly safe as there is a sheet of perspex between he and I".
You're brain actually goes "mwwwaaaaaahhhhhh TIGER!!!!!!"

My knees went to jelly and I said "Fucking hell!!!"

A group of 8 year old boys standing nearby, turned and pointed at me and went "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

It was not my finest moment.

hehe. and you berate me for cajoling you about your manliness. :eek:

that, wilbert, is what some would call a baptism of fire. you are one lucky boy getting to hold that cub though!

they have that perspex system in Taronga in sydney. of course i ignore pretty much everything and head straight to the big cats when i go. i stood a mere four feet away from a lioness eating some meat. next door they had some bengal tigers - they were so beautiful. huge, of course, but i just find them so fascinating. such a sham ethey're so endangered.

i spent TWO HOURS at the snow leopard exhibit.

A tigers claws are never little, La La! Take it from me. Its a peculiar sensation to feel the claws retract out of your own flesh.

We then went to film the adult tigers and I was about 12 inches away from a tiger lying down in the grass with only chicken wire between me and the beasty!

Its head was enormous and I could smell the meat it had just eaten. I thought "if that chicken wire wasn't there, I'd be like Siegfried.......... or Roy. Whichever one got it in the neck."

Last year I went to the zoo with my friend Owen and his daughter Megan. We went to see the tigers and as I hadn't been there in a while, I was pleasantly surprised to see they had updated all of the enclosures. Instead of a fence, then a gap and a tall chicken wire fence they had long woodne fences with big sheets of perspex in them and the animals could come up so close that you would be only an inch away from them.

As we were approaching the tiger enclosure we couldn't see any of them at all. Then a tiger walked out from behind the wooden fence and passed the Perspex. It was so close that its fur was brushing the perspex.

I was about six feet away.

Something happens in your brain when there is a 9 foot long tiger 6 feet away.
You don't think "There's a tiger, but I am perfectly safe as there is a sheet of perspex between he and I".
You're brain actually goes "mwwwaaaaaahhhhhh TIGER!!!!!!"

My knees went to jelly and I said "Fucking hell!!!"

A group of 8 year old boys standing nearby, turned and pointed at me and went "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

It was not my finest moment.

When my old band Settler were in Chicago a few of us took a trip to the Field Museum of Natural History (I know, very rock 'n' roll).

They have the bodies of the lions called The Ghost & The Darkness who attacked the builders of the Uganda-Mombassa Railway in 1898. They killed 140 people because a plague decimated their normal prey.

They looked nuts! They were enormous and apparently as they were reassembled from what had essentially been floor rugs they were smaller than they would have been in life.

They were those really beautiful mane-less lions.

I reckon I could have taken them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back