Comprehensive List of Bands Named After People (1 Viewer)

Franz Ferdinand?

Weren't Pink Floyd named after people - like two different blokes?

Does the Jesus & Mary Chain count?

There's an obscure 80s pop band named after a monk or something that I can't think of.

Franz Ferdinand?

Weren't Pink Floyd named after people - like two different blokes?

Does the Jesus & Mary Chain count?

There's an obscure 80s pop band named after a monk or something that I can't think of.
Yeah - I think Floyd were named after some blues guys.
Sonic Youth had a similar idea - named after Fred 'Sonic'Smith of MC5 (married to Patti) and reggae artist Big Youth.

The Joyce McKinney Experience

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this is really good! I thought I had heard them before but obviously hadn't. Cool melodic tunes and the dual female vocals are great.
Like if Girls at Our Best or Hagar The Womb listened to some American meoldic punk /HC stuff.

this is really good! I thought I had heard them before but obviously hadn't. Cool melodic tunes and the dual female vocals are great.
Like if Girls at Our Best or Hagar The Womb listened to some American meoldic punk /HC stuff.
I only had one of their records - the Cuddle This EP. I saw them live in London in about 1989/1990 and thought they were great. Then went looking for them on Spotify and found this horrible bit of text

1705931959517.jpeg

Lumped in with Dan ( suitable for this thread?) Sofa Head and FUAL,not really heard bands doing that sound since. Not as well anyway.

jesus christ how could i have forgotten this, possibly The Greatest Example:

TheStatePathologist_logo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back