Coming home (1 Viewer)

If we put the Iraq war to one side, because we all know whats wrong with that and simply watch the video as it is; kids seeing their Parents for the first time in ages when they've been away somewhere where they could have beed killed being reunited is simply wonderful, and if you want to take it further - point out the futility of war in that they shouldn't have had to leave the most important people to them in the first place.

Besides, there's nothing more wonderful than having my little son sprint up to me yelling Daddy! and getting a huge when I pick him up from creshé. And we've only been apart a few hours. sayin

that video gave me emotions. it was pretty awkward really. i get your point the ian. i get the anti war sentiment too - they could have just has easily concentrated on long distane drivers, oil rig workers or etc etc - its just got that subtle air of 'our heroes are home from the brave war etc. velly howwywood!!

I think one should focus on those in the video rather than those behind the video.

I think its a compilation of different news clips that someone put together (notice the different straps on the different clips) and put Elliot Smith over it. Whatever the compilers motivation was, they have either deliberately or inadvertently made a great anti war video by highlighting what is most precious in life.

they have either deliberately or inadvertently made a great anti war video by highlighting what is most precious in life.

reading through the comments wouldn't confirm that that message is the one prevailing. though that is what a logical person would take from it.

Since when did logic and youtube commentators go together?

I'm with the ian on this one.

Ps I liked the last clip of the girl in school.

which of the ians things do you agree with??

A: the one where he says ignore the war and enjoy the content,

or

B: the one where he says that these people were far away and could have been killed and its inadvertently a good anti war video?

i'm not trying to wind you the ian, i get the emotional content, i also enjoy it - i'm contradicting only on the side of comments like pete's/scienctists and my own which are necessary for it to become an anti war sentiment (therefore being necessary to your theory that it is a good anti war statement) . i'm just asking jonah which part she's referring to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back