COME ON NAMIBIA (1 Viewer)

Farrell will be crap. Shane Geraghty in neither Irish or English squad...

Berger's ban is fuckign stupid. Four weeks, during a world cup? FFS.

Andy Farrell to start at 10 for England verses South Africa. They're completely fucked.
Starange decision allright but I think of they were to call up someone there is a 48 hour quarrantine period before they can play.

Farrell would have played as first receiver alot in his league days and has a good boot so the decision is not completely crazy.

His defence won't be a problem and he used to alteranate with Wilkinson a bit in the 6N. You will probably see himself and Catt switch quite a bit throughout the match.

Brave move by Ashton.

Farrell would have played as first receiver alot in his league days and has a good boot so the decision is not completely crazy.

Yeah but in those cases he wouldn't have been used to spread the ball out wide. Any time Wigan/GB wanted to move the ball it would have gone to one of the half backs from the play the ball. I don't think he's got the skill to dictate the play or get a union backline moving. But I see your point about he and Catt interchanging.

True but i'd suspect it was never going to be an expansive game anyway. Trench warfare would be my guess.

It's definately not ideal playing a league convert in the most pivotal role.

It seems it's pretty tough for players that aren't wingers/fullbacks to make the transistion. I don't think it's because they're inferior players but rather that the skills and tactics required are very different. Guys like Henry Paul and Gary Connolly who were massive stars in league never looked up to it (Connolly was just old perhaps), even that Aussie fella whose name I can't recall but he was a centre in league, amazing footballer, never established himself for the Wallabies and wound up shifting from fullback to wing to centre to outhalf (annoying me that I can't remember him). And any league forward who tried to switch is kidding themselves.

In fact the only non back 3 converts that I can recall who switched from league and did really well in union were the 5 who had started off in union when it was amateur, went pro with league, then returned to union and wound up on the '97 Lions tour (Young, Quinnell, Tait, Gibbs and Bateman).

The co-commentator on Setanta thought that the Namibians weren't arsed tonight and some of the French attacking play was suspect, so we should be fine...

The co-commentator on Setanta thought that the Namibians weren't arsed tonight and some of the French attacking play was suspect, so we should be fine...

That's bollocks, they tried their hardest out there. Prick.

The French were poor in the first half, made a lot of mistakes that they wouldn't get away with against a good side.

That's bollocks, they tried their hardest out there. Prick.

Yeah. The guy was a real optimist. He was trying to downplay the French win tonight. It'll be a close game but I think the French will edge it. And then it'll be all down to the Argentina game.

Yeah. The guy was a real optimist. He was trying to downplay the French win tonight. It'll be a close game but I think the French will edge it. And then it'll be all down to the Argentina game.

Unless we get a real physical beating from France, we should beat Argentina.

The thing is, this group is bad, because the second out of it play the Blacks. And that's never a good thing. We have to win both games to have a chance of not being immediately killed by New Zealand.

Unless we get a real physical beating from France, we should beat Argentina.

The thing is, this group is bad, because the second out of it play the Blacks. And that's never a good thing. We have to win both games to have a chance of not being immediately killed by New Zealand.

Well they went out there thinking that they could win the whole thing so they had to factor in having to face the All Blacks at some point. Listening to the pundits on ITV 4 I got a sense that there's a huge amount of sports psychology involved in the game. The Irish players didn't suddenly become rubbish (though truth be told I think the only good performance on 2007 was against the English, we huffed and puffed in all the other 6 Nations games, even the ones we won) and if they get their heads right then who knows.

Well they went out there thinking that they could win the whole thing so they had to factor in having to face the All Blacks at some point. Listening to the pundits on ITV 4 I got a sense that there's a huge amount of sports psychology involved in the game. The Irish players didn't suddenly become rubbish (though truth be told I think the only good performance on 2007 was against the English, we huffed and puffed in all the other 6 Nations games, even the ones we won) and if they get their heads right then who knows.

Oh no. I am not saying that we will loose for sure against France. But, we probably will get a good beating physically. Likewise, France will too.
My point is that if we hobble into the Arg match we should just be able to control things, and we should be able to win.
So its all about France. Again. Pricks.

And we really dont want to play NZ yet. To beat those lads is play them when they are jittery, and they aren't really going to be jittery straight after having steamrollered the fuck out of their group. They'll just be looking for a bit of proper action.

You want them after a tight match, later on when everyone is saying "Jesus lads wtf? I thought you were waaaay better than X". Let the nerves creep up on them for a bit.

There is definitely a lot of psychology in it. I'd say both France and Ireland are a little uneasy right now.

In the mean time the All blacks are thinking bring it bitches.

got myself all ready to sit down and watch france v namibia last night...switched on UTV...they were showing The Royal. Over to TV3 then...eh, they were also showing The Royal...wtf????
why was this only shown on ITV4 ??
really annoyed me but then heard the score and realised it was probably a terrible match anyway with France annihilating them.

got myself all ready to sit down and watch france v namibia last night...switched on UTV...they were showing The Royal. Over to TV3 then...eh, they were also showing The Royal...wtf????
why was this only shown on ITV4 ??
really annoyed me but then heard the score and realised it was probably a terrible match anyway with France annihilating them.

Do you have sky? With a bit of tricking around you can get ITV4 on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back