Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (1 Viewer)

Looks like my plan to retire to southern Europe is kind of cooked
One of the reasons I left the US was the heat, which seemed to me to be getting worse even over the last two decades. I don't know if that's only because I got old and fat, or if it's also related to hotter temps, but in the last couple of years it was going beyond what i could handle.

When you can't really go outside to do stuff like gardening or cycling or whatever for months of the year because your blood pressure crashes, and nausea, and you start getting visual distortions, that's the line for me. You're scurrying from one building to another, because that's where the AC is, and in the US electricity is more or less free compared to the EU it seems.

So yeah, maybe from October to May, but it's no fun to get overheated.

Southern Europe will be retiring to here
Stop the boats and/or planes!

One of the reasons I left the US was the heat, which seemed to me to be getting worse even over the last two decades. I don't know if that's only because I got old and fat, or if it's also related to hotter temps, but in the last couple of years it was going beyond what i could handle.

When you can't really go outside to do stuff like gardening or cycling or whatever for months of the year because your blood pressure crashes, and nausea, and you start getting visual distortions, that's the line for me. You're scurrying from one building to another, because that's where the AC is, and in the US electricity is more or less free compared to the EU it seems.

So yeah, maybe from October to May, but it's no fun to get overheated.
Couldn't you have just moved to Maine instead?

Couldn't you have just moved to Maine instead?
With respect to weather, Maine is actually grand in the summer, admittedly. I wasn't there in the winter, but it's true it seemed OK. Also Seattle seemed pretty ok when I was out there, although I think there was some class of heat event out there recently?

The weather wasn't the only motivator I should add. But yeah, maybe there's areas up north in the US that don't melt your face off during the summer. Ireland never gets hot, but it also never really gets seriously cold. Like I live in basically a pile of rocks, and survive winter here. That's not going to happen in a lot of places.

We have hydrogen buses up here in the big (no) smoke, dribbling water behind them everywhere they go. And that’s just the drivers, ayuyyy

Hydrogen won't work for people driving cars. Look at the Uk, wasted their time

The idea with hydrogen that's being developed here is small stations that scrape off night time/wind energy excess to generate hydrogen, and then are called in to reverse the process to make electricity during low wind/high demand. They've 2-3 test mules already. They aren't trying to put hydrogen in vehicles.

The Fine Gael leader’s comments sparked a backlash in the Green ranks, with one source asking: “do these f***ers not read the news? Do they not see that the world is burning?”

I wonder who that source could have been???

Speaking after Mr Varadkar made his comments, Mr Ryan said the “world is burning” and transport emissions needed to fall.

oh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back