Ciao Trap. Next. (8 Viewers)

He may have a point about the current team not being able to transform into Barcelona overnight, but I think the idea that countries have an ingrained footballing DNA which cannot be changed through coaching is total bollocks.
I have a point for Jogi, actually. A better manager would have won something with those players.

Joachim Loew on Ireland:

So for Loew we are basically a bunch of primitive bog men. What a condescending prick.
Someone must have showed him this thread.

He may have a point about the current team not being able to transform into Barcelona overnight, but I think the idea that countries have an ingrained footballing DNA which cannot be changed through coaching is total bollocks.

Jurgen Kinsmann took Germany from 80 years of solid defence and controlled passing and changed the blueprint for the football for that Germany play now so Loewe should be all too aware of the fact that that is bollox.

On the other hand the German public and FA demanded changes after 2004 and by their standards relatively poor performances in the WC in 2002 in spite of the fact that they got to the final. Ireland on the other hand refuses to change so I can see his point. I don't totally agree with it but I do see it.

Kinger's team, from the FAI twitter:
Forde, Coleman, Delaney, Kelly, Clark, Whelan, Gibson, McCarthy, Wilson, Doyle, Stokes

Keane out is the surprise.. Still looks like 4-4-2 though, ho-hum. I'm not really sure who's where in midfield and defence.. We don't appear to have any wingers, or maybe Coleman is playing on the wing with Stokes or Doyle on the other side..

Kinger's team, from the FAI twitter:
Forde, Coleman, Delaney, Kelly, Clark, Whelan, Gibson, McCarthy, Wilson, Doyle, Stokes

Keane out is the surprise.. Still looks like 4-4-2 though, ho-hum. I'm not really sure who's where in midfield and defence.. We don't appear to have any wingers, or maybe Coleman is playing on the wing with Stokes or Doyle on the other side..

I thought we might have gone 3 at the back when I saw the lineup but obviously having seen the first 20 mins that's not the case. Awful lot of playing lads out of position tonight

I could only follow this via text updates, but it seemed only a blinder from Forde kept it respectable. The impression I get is that King overthought things with his tactical masterplan - Whelan and Doyle out wide? No subs also seems weird, given we had Pilkington, McGeady, Long, Reid and Keane on the bench. It sounded like Stokes fluffed his lines pretty badly? When was the last time we had 4 defeats in a qualifying campaign I wonder, probably pre Charlton?

Keane was injured. It was madness though to leave McGeady and Pilkington on the bench in place of a third division striker on the left flank supposed to contain Philip fucking Lahm (are you kidding me?) and Glenn Whelan. Speedy Whelan on the overlap? Yes, I would have also fancied Long over Stokes with those chances, even in his current state.
I don't mind the formation at all but it was a fruity selection of players, and no subs was Trap-esque.

Anyway, fuck it. Forde is a legend and it could have been way worse. Germany should be strong favourites to win the world cup. And Austria really blew it today, after all the heroics of their last three games.

They are probably the best team in the world alright, Wasn't completely convinced by there centre halves though.

But still to come away from there with a 3-0 defeat and have made a few chances is as much as we could hope for. The Khazakstan match on tuesday should be a good test for the lads. If King could realise that Gibson and McCarthy should occupy the holding positions and give Pilkington Reid and Long a run we might be finally able to guage where we are in the grand scheme of things.

Stokes errors where amateurish to say the least.

There was a great moment when Forde saved from Muller for about the 5th time and the two of them had a right laugh about it. It was heart warming. BBC has him down for 11 saves. It seemed like double that but I guess they weren't including crosses.

Abject, brainless, timid, gutless. Having said that, it was a massive improvement.

Does anyone else think that Whelan actually looked okay on the ball or is that just me. If we had two players harrying and tracking and winning the sphere, could Glen be our play maker? Raking passes, accurate deadballs? The new..Andy Townsend or something.

Meanwhil, why did Philipp Lahm - Phillipp Lahm, lads - have the freedom of the right wing? What's Noel's thinking on this. Ah sure, he's only a right back. What damage could a right back do?

Germany weren't great either.

Still, the game was meaningless. On another day we might have lost 2-1. On yet another day it could have been 10-0. I blame Saipan.

I thought we actually looked half-decent until Germany's first goal, and let's face it, their first goal was a fluke. Heads went down a bit after that alright.
Looks like DarrON and Whelan could actually work decently together. Doyle on the wing was mental, although he tried you have to say.
Coleman looks like he wants to play football, as does Wilson.
I thought Stokes was a bit unlucky up front, seemed to me he was making a lot of the right moves but stuff just wasn't coming off for him on the night, on another night maybe he would have been great.
McCarthy, I have no idea what position he was actually playing there.

I thought we actually looked half-decent until Germany's first goal, and let's face it, their first goal was a fluke. Heads went down a bit after that alright.
Looks like DarrON and Whelan could actually work decently together. Doyle on the wing was mental, although he tried you have to say.
Coleman looks like he wants to play football, as does Wilson.
I thought Stokes was a bit unlucky up front, seemed to me he was making a lot of the right moves but stuff just wasn't coming off for him on the night, on another night maybe he would have been great.
McCarthy, I have no idea what position he was actually playing there.

He looked lost alright, but he usually plays much deeper, to be fair apart from Gibo and Whelan - who simply sat in one position - the rest of the midfield just spent the night chasing shadows. Like I said we haven't really learned anything from this except that Germany are on a different planet from us in terms of technique, which we already knew. Looking forward to tuesday though. Haven't said that in a long while.

. Looking forward to tuesday though. Haven't said that in a long while.

Ditto.

For me, it's a huge game. (unless the new manager comes in with a system and a rigid set of 11-13 players he'll always pick).

The U-19s qualified for the elite stage of their yoke yesterday. The U-21s got a draw with Romania and have a game on Tuesday. The future is always a little brighter than you think it's going to be.

This goal cheered me right up yesterday. Pick it out you Swedish cunt.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There are rumours on Twitter that Johan Cruyff will be a guest of the FAI on Tuesday and could be set to take over as Ireland manager!! My call for Zeman or Bielsa to be given the job may not have been as far-fetched as I had originally thought.

Fucking hell!

Someone had a pop at him recently though. I think it was Zlatan. Could be another Trap situation. Except the opposite. We'd play beautifully but get hammered in every game.

I think Cruyff should be in a mental asylum with Guardiola, so they can sit there quietly and play cards together. They would be doing Barcelona a great favour.”

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back