Ciao Trap. Next. (2 Viewers)

Fat Andy isn't actually fat anymore
I know, but he will always be Fat Andy in my heart. Delighted for him.
I would have thought that Pearce or Keogh would have got the nod over Kelly, as proven centre back cover and at least club starters. Kelly's not even getting his game.

New Trap theory based on seeing many post game interviews with Pochettino in recent months.

Trap's communication problem wasn't totally that his English wasn't good enough, it was that it was too good. If he'd done everything to the press though Manuella he'd have got far less grief.

New Trap theory based on seeing many post game interviews with Pochettino in recent months.

Trap's communication problem wasn't totally that his English wasn't good enough, it was that it was too good. If he'd done everything to the press though Manuella he'd have got far less grief.

Something that the Irish media never really seemed to understand was that Trap speaks a huge amount of guff in Italian too. He's famous for his mixed metaphors and his press conferences routinely featured on an Italian satirical football show. His translator had an impossible job either way in my opinion.

Joey O'Brien on the radio there just now.

Fucking hell of a Dublin accent on him. I like this kid.

O'Brien went through a proper injury hell, over two full years on the sidelines, released by Bolton and people advising him to retire, I'm glad to see him doing well.

What are people hoping for from this match? King's talking a good game but realistically we're still talking Paul Green vs Thomas Muller.. Sweden got that freakish draw out there but every other side that's gone to Germany in this campaign has lost by 3. If we can give them a half decent game, show some aspiration towards a more positive style of play and avoid another mauling I'd be happy.

What are people hoping for from this match? King's talking a good game but realistically we're still talking Paul Green vs Thomas Muller.. Sweden got that freakish draw out there but every other side that's gone to Germany in this campaign has lost by 3, if we can give them a half decent game, show some aspiration towards a more positive style of play and avoid another mauling I'd be pretty happy.

I'm expecting a hammering, mentally am writing the match off and it'll be no fault of King if it happens.

The real test of whether his brief time in charge is successful is the second game. We need a win as if the euro qualifying is set up as seems most likely we are on the very of going from a pot 2 team to a pot 3 one.

Joachim Loew on Ireland:
"They will never play any kind of holding game or pass it around like Barcelona do – you will never see any Irish team playing like that so it doesn't matter who coaches them. It really doesn't matter who plays for Ireland or who wears an Ireland shirt because at the end of the day they are more or less similar. They all play the same way and it's in their DNA that they all play the Irish way."

So for Loew we are basically a bunch of primitive bog men. What a condescending prick.

He may have a point about the current team not being able to transform into Barcelona overnight, but I think the idea that countries have an ingrained footballing DNA which cannot be changed through coaching is total bollocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back