Ciao Trap. Next. (1 Viewer)

That's why I love Mick McCarthy.

"What would I do ? I haven't a bleeding clue" Legend.

That and this

mick.gif

Mick was strung up by the FAI. He'd be well within his rights to tell them to fuck off. It took four years of harsh lessons for him to learn the ropes, and then they ditched him. ANd we've been suffering for that ever since.

We're not quite as big as we used to be, are we? Oh, hold on, I forgot about Conor Sammon. Is Gary Doherty still playing?

It'll be brief. His record at U-21 level is fairly shit. 18 games 6 wins. Not really good enough at any level.

The story yesterday was that the FAI are cooling on O'Neill, John Robertson had a heart attack recently and after it going badly at Sunderland without him they seem to want them as a package.

So I'm happy enough with King if they're going to do an extensive recruitment search, if it ends up being MON then they're just wasting time.

The story yesterday was that the FAI are cooling on O'Neill, John Robertson had a heart attack recently and after it going badly at Sunderland without him they seem to want them as a package.

So I'm happy enough with King if they're going to do an extensive recruitment search, if it ends up being MON then they're just wasting time.

That's fair enough so. Robertson does seem to be an integral part of his successful stints as a boss.
King did well with the ladies team and I don't read too much into Irish U-21 football, and he seems to be popular with the players so I'm happy to see him in charge. Full-time, he could end up being a better option for a campaign than the likes of Hector Cuper et al.

I'm happy enough with King for a couple of games, the U21s may have lost a few in the last campaign but they at least seem to play a more positive style than the senior side, they did win in Italy 4-2 recently too.

The whole 'appointment committee' thing seems to be mainly about insulating Delaney from blame if the next manager doesn't work out, plus dragging the process out over a few months and saving them the expense of paying O'Neil or whoever a few hundred thousand in wages when our next competitive fixture is effectively a year away. It does make sense to take a look around though, I'm not all that keen on O'Neil anyway so I'm not too bothered if he goes for some other job in the meantime.

I'm happy enough with King for a couple of games, the U21s may have lost a few in the last campaign but they at least seem to play a more positive style than the senior side, they did win in Italy 4-2 recently too.

The whole 'appointment committee' thing seems to be mainly about insulating Delaney from blame if the next manager doesn't work out, plus dragging the process out over a few months and saving them the expense of paying O'Neil or whoever a few hundred thousand in wages when our next competitive fixture is effectively a year away. It does make sense to take a look around though, I'm not all that keen on O'Neil anyway so I'm not too bothered if he goes for some other job in the meantime.
They beat the Italy B team after italy had qualified months in advance.

I remain unconvinced.

Stephen Ireland scored last night. The revolution has begun. De-gay yourself lads, we're going to Russia.

well done. congrats.
Well it was always going to be King for the last few, wasn't it. and it beats Givens. Although it's true that Delaney likes to be two steps clear, the FAI are right to look far and wide, and the Rude Doctor would be the right man for that. If O'Neill is serious, he can wait. If the FAI saves a few hundred grand and give King the chance to bring back Fat Andy and co and make a mark for himself, all the better.

Fat Andy isn't actually fat anymore and is probably our most skillful player. His set-pieces alone.....I'm VERY VERY happy to see him back.

It's a good squad.. he's spared whoever comes in next a bit of drama by bringing back in a few of the exiles. We are in trouble for center halves in this Germany game, with Dunne and O'Shea suspended and St Ledger only barely back playing who knows what we'll end up with, Clark/Kelly or Clark/Wilson I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back