Ciao Trap. Next. (1 Viewer)

Jerry Twig

Supporter
Solutions
It is surely deserving of it's own thread and not buried in that nightmare thread. I've even had a name change to commemorate that new low. First time we've lost two games at home in a qualifier in 50 years by the way. There's another shit-stat for you.

The only real horses in the race so far are O'Neill, McCarthy, Keane, McDermott and Hughton.

I would say o neill is favourite......

to be the first to make utterly clear that he wants nothing to do with this job.

SPT_20130906_Spo_060_28841485_I3.JPG

Restructure the whole damn thing Uruguay style. Sacrifice the next 2 years with an eye on being competitive in 4 years time.

Or Belgium style...

http://www.esquire.co.uk/culture/fe...s-the-most-exciting-footballers-in-the-world/

"...... the Belgian FA, decided a blueprint, a 10-year plan, was needed for the emerging generation.
“In 2001, we established a new vision to develop young players in Belgium,” Sablon says. This vision involved among other things giving all the clubs “a brochure which detailed how to best manage player development”.

Sablon believes 95 per cent of the clubs followed these instructions. In addition, at every national age group, those teams in which Mirallas and Dembélé and the rest began to appear, it was decided that all teams would play football the same way — at every level from schools upward — a high-tempo and flexible 4–3–3 system.

Each player would have a clear understanding of his place in that system from the earliest age.

For the success of that policy, Sablon argues, you only have to look at the current national team. “In the past, we had four or five good players who could be competitive against the top nations, now that figure has more than doubled,” he says...... "

Restructure the whole damn thing Uruguay style. Sacrifice the next 2 years with an eye on being competitive in 4 years time.

It's going to be so easy (relative to how it was) to qualify for the expanded Euros that it's the wrong time to be sacrificing anything. The right time for re-building with a new man was last autumn when we had new players coming through, retirements, a difficult enough group and only a play-off place to aim for at best.

We're not THAT bad and I think change can come about while the team remains competitive. Friendlies should be used better. That was one thing that annoyed me about Trap. For 80% of friendlies, particularly at the start of his reign he'd play his first XI, if they were all available. To get them used to a "system" that an U-11 team could competently pick up after a couple of training sessions. Once we had the retirements and the need to replace players like Lawrence, Hunt etc. we were fucked. The fact he threw in Pilks after him being with an Irish squad for all of 5 or 6 days is damning.

Anyway, O'Neill would be my man. There's fuck all else. I'd love to see Keane do it at some point but I think he's just a bit too volatile and the press would be only dying to see him fail.

Also, start crossing your fingers that at least one or two of the 4 or 5 "wonderkids" we have knocking around come good. We need at least one player with a bit of magic, whether it'll Noe Baba becoming the next Paul McGrath, Jack Grealish becoming the next Tony Grealish or that 8 year old at Barcelona becoming the next Lionel Messi.

Here lads, on Championship Manager I won the Champions League with Dundela FC, you should totally put me in charge
There was someone who got a job based on their championship manager record...somewhere eastern.. you should move over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back