Ciao Trap. Next. (1 Viewer)

Good stuff. I'd hope that we can bring a decent side over. I'd imagine that the timing, with a new manager and new qualifiers around the corner, we should have a decent squad for it.

Goalkeepers: David Forde (Millwall), Darren Randolph (Birmingham), Rob Elliot (Newcastle)

Defenders: Richard Keogh (Derby), Marc Wilson (Stoke), Seamus Coleman (Everton), John O'Shea (Sunderland), Alex Pearce (Reading), Stephen Kelly (Reading), Damien Delaney (Crystal Palace), Richard Dunne (QPR), Ciaran Clark (Aston Villa), Stephen Ward (Brighton)

Midfielders: James McCarthy (Everton), Glenn Whelan (Stoke), Paul Green (Ipswich), Andy Reid (Nottingham Forest), Aiden McGeady (Everton), Anthony Pilkington (Norwich), James McClean (Wigan), Stephen Quinn (Hull), David Meyler (Hull), Wes Hoolahan (Norwich)

Strikers: Shane Long (Hull), Daryl Murphy (Ipswich), Jon Walters (Stoke), Kevin Doyle (QPR), Anthony Stokes (Celtic), Simon Cox (Nottingham Forest)

No unknown fan.

Yeah, Long has to start.
I presume Brady is in recovery?
Apparently Marty was on the blower to Daddy Dick, who has indicated that he may be interested to be asked to be bestowed the honour to represent his country, if the mood takes him and he doesn't have a cold.

Huge chance for Andy Reid. I don't give a shit how old he is, Lubo Moravcik was leading opposition midfields a merry dance well into his 30s for Celtic and Slovakia and Reid reminds me of him.
I don't think O'Neill would pick either himself or Wes if he didn't think they could last through at least the early rounds of qualifying.

Andy's near player of the season in the Championship, which makes him more than good enough for Ireland

Apparently so. He's been on bench at Hull for a while, but I thought he'd fallen out of favor.
Nah, injured his hernia then his groin. Bruce is a huge admirer and he's their top scorer.

Has anyone seen much of David Meyler ? He didn't play for Hull against us (Brady did and he played well actually) but he seems to start a fair bit for them and Hull seem a decent enough side.
Huge chance for Andy Reid. I don't give a shit how old he is, Lubo Moravcik was leading opposition midfields a merry dance well into his 30s for Celtic and Slovakia and Reid reminds me of him.
I don't think O'Neill would pick either himself or Wes if he didn't think they could last through at least the early rounds of qualifying.

Every time I see Reid he looks great. Playing a lot deeper for Forest isn't he ? Kind of the Pirlo role ? If we can play to his strengths i.e passing it and not running around like headless chickens. I can see him getting a decent run. I'd have him in there with McCarthy now that Gibbo is out.

I know Brady was injured, but thought he'd recovered. Why's he on the bench then? Even got a run out a few weeks ago.

Has anyone seen much of David Meyler ?

I like Meyler. He's a bit clumsy and rash in the tackle sometimes, but he's strong, attack minded and has a lot more flair then Glen Whelan, that's for sure.

Not a bad option in the middle after McCarthy, Gibson, Reid and Hoolahan, in that order of preference.

I know Brady was injured, but thought he'd recovered. Why's he on the bench then? Even got a run out a few weeks ago.

I like Meyler. He's a bit clumsy and rash in the tackle sometimes, but he's strong, attack minded and has a lot more flair then Glen Whelan, that's for sure.

Not a bad option in the middle after McCarthy, Gibson, Reid and Hoolahan, in that order of preference.

Came back from the hernia, they were easing him back in and was on the bench to come in and get game time on the road to recovery, was due to start in the cup and fucked up his groin.

Every time I see Reid he looks great. Playing a lot deeper for Forest isn't he ? Kind of the Pirlo role ? If we can play to his strengths i.e passing it and not running around like headless chickens. I can see him getting a decent run. I'd have him in there with McCarthy now that Gibbo is out.

From the matches I've seen Reid seems to have a kindof a free role for Forest. He's a master of finding space (*insert joke about him being fat here*) and once he receives the ball in a little bit of space, or makes it himself he will do something useful with it. We hardly need to even have a complex passing game. If the strikers just make the right runs and be in the right positions to get on the end of a cross, Reid will pick them out.

I mean, just look at this:
GIF: Andy Reid cross for Darius Henderson goal vs Watford Balls.ie

How could a man capable of doing that not be in the team? And it's Darius fucking Henderson on the end of it!

Apparently Glen Whelan has been amazing in Stoke's last couple of games. Winning loads of tackles, chasing everywhere, great passes, and also doing loads of Zidane roulettes and tricks like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back