Christmas FM Christmas Song Contest (1 Viewer)

The most complicated cd-jiggery i've ever heard was that (international) noise conspiracy album where the extended intro bits to songs would be inbetween tracks so if you chose to listen to a specific track you'd be sort of hearing an edited version. I can't remember all the stuff they did but it was very impressive.

ah yes, they have minus tracks before each song on the New Morning Changing Weather record. These guys were such a great live band before they turned pub rock.

Can you find out if "gifting" a song to someone on iTunes counts as a sale even if it uses the same credit card.
I'll reconfirm this tomorrow.

listen, don't want to sound cocky, but does anyone else think that 1000 physical copies just mightn't be enough?

Golden Disc would be a great thing. Henry St.

edit: its hard to call.

pretty sure as well, if the explicit version is bought, it'll also count towards chart count.
will find out for sure in the morning.

edit: in last years RATM campaign in the UK, 'Killing in the Name Of', the edit, explicit and live version all were counted. Will find out what the story is here, tomorrow.

Just to comment on the CD jiggery stuff...

One of the versions of Crossing The Red Sea with the Adverts has the Gary Gilmore's Eyes single before the record... and that's about 10 years ago I'd say (give or take)...

The band TMBG of course, famously stuck about 20, 20 sec songs on the end of one of their records then told people to play it on shuffle, so you'd get a mix of little short songs and long songs... a clever idea...

And of course... there's the old, 89 blank tracks and a hidden track as number 99... a few bands did that...

THE MASTERS ARE BACK!!

LEMON HAS PUT A FLAMETHROWER TO THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS INSIDE ME!ITS NOW A RAGING INFERNO!
\
THREE CHEERS FOR LEMONBRAVO!!!

I am now officially barring myself from listening to this song again for a week...its doing my ears in..

I'm now soley focusing on promotion.NO MORE FUCKING TUNE!!

Lets Rock.

Got A LOT of BRILLIANT feedback at the gig tonight..The Kids Are United!

Pretty much..details of exact days/times will be posted as they come in...won't be before Thursday though.

So I wonder where we're at with the video...do I need to take care of it myself?

I hope @The Ian is ok...he's been very quiet around here...

I'm gonna fire up the computer and get cracking on it this evening..can't hurt.Thursday is the 1st...thats when chrimbo radio starts so we have to have the promo work done with the nationals by Tuesday I reckon if we're to be in with a chance..which means the youtube has to be embedded in the press release...or we're seriously ham strung...faces sell

Just listened to the Master with fresh ears..its stunning.We've no worries on the product quality front.

I've now got the contacts for physical distribution so I'm gonna get on that now.

Has anyone any contact in the papers..I have one in the Sunday Times so I'm gonna get on to him...we need the the rest though...I know theres someone used to be on Thumped works for the indo,can someone approach them for us?(I think I may have drunkenly wound them up in my past life so I can't)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back