Christmas FM Christmas Song Contest (2 Viewers)

Whats the story with getting this on the rest of the online retail outlets?

It'll be on Amazon in 4 weeks or something..Spotify and Napster and Rhapsody and a few others next week.

Hows this looking for the Thumped Mailout..

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house , not a creature was stirring…
Except that there was a mad hooly going on and everyone was going mental singing along to the Worlds First public Internet forum (Thumped.com) generated Christmas Hit Single-
Christmastime In Dublin Town.

Initiated as an experiment in collaboratively creating a killer pop tune for Christmas by Thumped member Shneaky 6pack…this thing sprouted legs and is now hurtling up the iTunes Irish Pop chart.
Board members each wrote a line , having seen only the preceding line and when 12 lines were written…well listen for yourself..

working url here

The level of solidarity this project has inspired amongst the members of Irelands most significant fully Independent music website has been staggering ,with people from all corners and genres getting involved to try put the kibosh on the usual muck we are forcefed annually at this time of year.So people,this song might well be muck too , but it’s the PEOPLES muck!

*******************..LONG LIVE MUSIC!(oh and MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS)

Signed Shneaky 6Pack

this is a list of physical and online outlets that count towards the chart.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/musicvideo/music/retail/index.jsp

also, in an email from IRMA:

Please note that you should also register your track with Chart Track
(Artist Name, Title of the Track, ISRC Code). Contact details are as
follows:

GfK Chart-Track Ltd.
82 Glentham Road
Barnes
London
SW13 9JJ
Telephone:

+44 (0) 20 8741 7585
Philippa Hayes ([email protected])

this shit seems kind of important.

Deadly:)

It'll be on Amazon in 4 weeks or something..Spotify and Napster and Rhapsody and a few others next week.

Hows this looking for the Thumped Mailout..

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house , not a creature was stirring…
Except that there was a mad hooly going on and everyone was going mental singing along to the Worlds First public Internet forum (Thumped.com) generated Christmas Hit Single-
Christmastime In Dublin Town.

Initiated as an experiment in collaboratively creating a killer pop tune for Christmas by Thumped member Shneaky 6pack…this thing sprouted legs and is now hurtling up the iTunes Irish Pop chart.
Board members each wrote a line , having seen only the preceding line and when 12 lines were written…well listen for yourself..

working url here

The level of solidarity this project has inspired amongst the members of Irelands most significant fully Independent music website has been staggering ,with people from all corners and genres getting involved to try put the kibosh on the usual muck we are forcefed annually at this time of year.So people,this song might well be muck too , but it’s the PEOPLES muck!

*******************..LONG LIVE MUSIC!(oh and MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS)

Signed Shneaky 6Pack

I wish!We should ask him!

I tell ya what..we should just lash a fucking LOAD of tunes on it...call it a single but make it a sneaky Thumped comp!
Sure it'd be a waste not to use up all that extra cd space!

14 hidden tracks anyone?

with an embedded URL that brings ya to a thread here that has all the details of whose on it and where to here more etc...

Great marketing opportunity..it'd have to be well sneaky though!

Even better,sell it for the price of an single but get it to no.1 in the album chart instead!Hoho!!

You might get it disqualified for the singles charts if you have extra tracks. I remember a ruling about 10 years ago that said a single can't have more than 3 tracks (although it was allowed as many remixes as you like) or be over 20 minutes long (including remixes) or it isn't counted.

Also something about how much albums have to cost or they don't qualify.

just look into it before you do it is all i'm a sayin', i've no idea what the rules are these days

Ahh,I think I remember reading that someplace alright,,,don't mind me..I'm just typing as I think..

The best sneaky hidden track I've come across is when Ash put their first 7" inch BEFORE track 1 on the first batch of 1977 albums. Haven't seen this been done other than this.

Blur had a mental song before the first track of think tank didn't they?

The most complicated cd-jiggery i've ever heard was that (international) noise conspiracy album where the extended intro bits to songs would be inbetween tracks so if you chose to listen to a specific track you'd be sort of hearing an edited version. I can't remember all the stuff they did but it was very impressive.

unlike the music :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back