CHRISTMAS ALBUMS THAT ARE NOT CRAP (1 Viewer)

egg_ said:
Perry Como's Season's Greetings
I don't like "The story of the first Christmas" but the rest is amazing (and it has God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen)
Also the version of "The Holly and the Ivy" on "The Only Christmas Album You'll Ever Need" is mind-blowing. I shit you not - a smallish church choir singing in counterpoint, worth buying the album for this alone

The Holly and The Ivy is my fave xmas song.

Any Frankie xmas album...especially if it includes "The Christmas Waltz" - best chrimbo song ever. I would also accept any Deano xmas album, cos that brother is awesome.

you know that horrendous "rubba dubba dubb dubba dubb dubb dubb..wish I could be home for christmas" song? its simultaneously awful and amusing. I do hate it, and yet it always makes me laugh. maybe I love it. but its terrible.

I just tried to get the barman in the pub to play some Sinatra...motherfucker wouldnt. humbug to that fuck!

soulful christmas tree by james brown is amazing

"merry christmas, happy new year,
i love you, have good cheer!
you bought my records, came to see my shows
thats why james brown, love you so"

ratmonkey said:
V/Vm's Christmas Pudding thing is on their site somewhere
www.brainwashed.com/vvm
haha, in their own words that compilation is

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The worst ever Christmas compilation, sick Christmas hits made even sicker. The perfect christmas gift for that cousin you hate or that aunty and uncle you can't stand.[/font]
http://brainwashed.com/vvm/releases_vvm_/offal05.htm

they've loads of christmas stuff ... http://brainwashed.com/vvm/releases_discog.htm ... featuring such classics as

Merry Xmas Bastard
Pull Our Christmas Cracker
santa claws is conning your town
misery and suffering forever
who gobbled gobleys wobblers wobbler ??
last Kristmas* you burst all my warts..
BANNED AID with JANSKY NOISE - Do They Know It's Christmas Time?

bah humbug!

[/font]

ddmurph said:
The worst ever Christmas compilation, sick Christmas hits made even sicker. The perfect christmas gift for that cousin you hate or that aunty and uncle you can't stand.
i disagree with this by the way. i'd imagine this is a lot worse (about as bad as it could get really i'd say)

g33123bwo3n.jpg

although it's not a compilation i suppose. still, happy christmas everyone.

nlgbbbblth said:
I break out Phil Spector every December. It's life-affirming stuff

also that Low Christmas

plus Elvis Presley - Elvis's Christmas Album
i *love* the elvis christmas album, except that really odd song "mama liked the roses", what an awful song.

every christmas since i was very little the mcgrath family have been listening to the same tape over and over. it's got the elvis album on one side and frank sinatra's christmas album on the other. oh boy it gets me very excited :D

"c" is for your little clit when i go down beneath. "h" is for your pubic hair that sticks between my teeth. "r" is for your rectum, that "i" fuck with my dick. christmas comes but once a year and makes me fucking sick. "s" is for your shitty asshole, clinkers 'round your bum, "t" is for your massive tits that make me want to cum. "m" is for masturbation, when you're not here with me. "a" is for the agony of catching your vd. "s" is for the syphilis that rots away my prick, christmas comes but once a year and makes me fucking sick. "s" is for the syphilis that rots away my ding-dong merrily along, the chapel bells are ringing. ding-dong merrily along, my fucking balls are swinging. whoa, whoa whoa whoa, whoa whoa whoa, whoa whoa whoa, whoa, whoa whoa....the chapel bells are ringing. (more whoa's) ...my fucking balls are swinging!

Gosh that's dirty first thing in the morning. Do exsqueeze my French (or that of The Yobs).

xmas.jpg

This is from 1967. Its my favorite Christmas album of all time.

Her version of Jingle Bells is a great laugh.
Her version of Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas from Judy Garland's movie Meet Me In St. Louis makes me cry.
...and I've never heard ANYONE sing Ave Maria like this Jewish woman!

Its brilliant...and so very Christmas-y!

Robbie Analog said:
Without a doubt, this

Its-Christmas-In-Motown.jpg

This record IS christmas for me, my dad plays it about 20 times every christmas day and I never tire of it. My dad rules.
i got a similar record last night in m&s. very excited about hearing "Rudolph the red nosed reindeer by The Supremes and "Jesus is love - The Commodores" (!)

lmd64 said:
shirley temple bar (she of TV bingo fame) does babs' version of "jingle bells" at bingo in the george on most sundays coming up to christmas. priceless. even without the tranny onstage it'd be priceless.

I dunno Liam. Sounds kinda gay.

aql1-3451.jpg

Downloaded this yesterday. s'pretty entertaining. Ive got Sinatra, Deano, Bing Crosby, Nightmare Before Christmas and this on repeat.

ye gotta love that Bing Crosby + David Bowie duet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back